- Food and Cooking
Chili Pasta Recipe
Easy Vegetarian Chili Pasta is one of our favorite recipes.
Many times our family has had vegetarian chili, and have made a big pot of it. But sometimes, we just make a smaller pot of chili with an easy recipe and serve it over pasta.
Some of us also top it with shredded cheese. We love it. Here's a picture of it to the left, that I took, just before digging in.
Image credit for the plate of food, is to the author of this page.
This is one of our family's favorite pasta meals.
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz of veggie crumbles (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 14.5 oz can chili style diced tomato
- 1 - 15.5 oz can meatless chili style beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 - 16 oz pkg of spaghetti or favorite pasta
- 1 - 8 oz pkg shredded Mexican cheese (2 cups)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic powder in the olive oil. Once the onion is translucent, mix in the veggie crumbles. Once that is heated through, turn the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, beans, and chili powder. Stir occasionally. If it gets too bubbly, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Drain the cooked pasta. Serve pasta on individual plates and top with chili mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese if desired.
We like the Angel Hair Plus Pasta by Barilla. - It has fiber in it, and isn't too noticeable.
It goes well with the chili flavor.
The angel hair pasta also cooks up faster.
If you don't have a drainer as part of the pot, a large pasta scoop, does the trick. - We scoop up the pasta, let it drain, then place the pasta in the serving
My favorite Chili Powder for Chili Spaghetti is from McCormick
McCormick has been our chili powder of choice for ages. Having grown up near Baltimore, I fondly remember driving by McCormick's and smelling their spices. Thank you to McCormick's and all the people that have made these fine spices. May you enjoy them also.
The chili powder from McCormick has a good flavor.
My favorite beans to use for this recipe are Bush's Chili Magic Starter.
We use the mild, traditional flavor, but it also comes in different variations.
Our Chili Dinner with Shredded Cheese
We've also had the chili recipe over brown rice, and that was pretty tasty too.
The individual cooking bags make this item so convenient. We use two bags for a regular meal for three of us, and have left overs.
Do you collect recipes from the web? - A recipe binder for your favorite recipes can be a handy way to store them.
I have a variety of favorite recipes in a recipe binder.
Check out more chili recipes at Amazon.