Chinese Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp Recipe
Try this Chinese Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp Recipe.
Do you love Chinese food? I do. Occasionally, I eat out, go to Asian restaurants. One of my favorites is the stir-sty vegetables, including delicious stir-fried noodles. When I have enough time to spend cooking at home, I cook. Not only that it saves me money, it also feels good and it's very therapeutic for me.
So here's one of my favorite food's recipe. This is very simple for a quick dinner. You can use either Lo Mein or Chow Mien noodles, fresh or pre-cooked. In this particulat recipe, I'm using Lo Mien noodles. I hope you try this recipe. Enjoy!
Chinese Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp Ingredients
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
Half onion, cut into strips
4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1/2 pound Lo Mein noodles
12 medium size shrimp, peeled and dark dorsal vein is removed
tiny pinch of salt for your shrimp
2 pinch of salt for the vegies later
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
4 scallions, cut into half inch pieces
Steps Cooking Chinese Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp
1. Prepare your ingredients
2. Boil water for your noodles. When the water boils, add the noodles and cook for about 1 minute.
3. When the noodles ready, drain it and rinse with cold water. You want to keep that "al dente" (desired texture of cooked pasta) stage. Sprinkle just a tiny tiny bit of vegetable oil and mix it. You don't want the noodles to stick together. Set it aside.
4. In a stir-fry pan, medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
5. Before adding your shrimp, sprinkle tiny pinch of salt to flavor it a little and then fry it for about 1 minute or until it turn a little brown. Remove from the pan and set it aside.
6. Add 1 more tablespoon oil into the pan and then SautÃ© onion for about 2 minutes or until it turns lightly brown. Add garlic, carrots, and head or white part of scallions. Stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add pinch of salt.
7. Add noodles and stir-fry about 1 minute.
8. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir.
9. Add shrimp
10. Add the remaining scallions
11. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and stir-fry about 1 minute.
Cooking Steps in Pictures
Delicious Chinese Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp
Love Stir-Fry Cooking? - Here's some good recipe book for you
Need a new Stir-fry pan?
Do you like Stir-frying?
Everyone's welcome to leave a comment, including non-squidoo members. If you would like to make your own lens and earn money for yourself or charity, sign up - it's FREE and very easy! Just Click Here to get started!