A Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
A Delicious Cake Recipe
Here is an easy recipe that combines the crunchiness of nuts, the velvety bite of chocolate, the tanginess of lemon and the richness of butter. Perfect for that afternoon tea when you have lots of cake-lovers to feed. This will have them asking for more. The mix of banana and chocolate has always been a firm favorite and sits temptingly on top of the cake as well as tantalising your taste buds inside.
Last Christmas I told my husband that although I was pleased with all my lovely presents, what I really wanted was for my old cooker to be fixed. It was about 18 months previously when the oven refused to work and we decided then that it was going to cost too much to repair. A friend managed to find a replacement one off our local freecycle website, which saved the day, but was never as good as my old one. Before I knew it I had learned to "make do" and the old one got forgotten under a cloth at the back of the house. Until last Christmas that was, when I decided, that for someone who enjoyed cooking, I'd made do long enough. So my husband managed to fix it at last and this chocolate banana cake was the first thing I made in the oven, to prove that it had a new lease of life!
Chocolate banana cake is easy to make and slices easily into appetizing slices. You can use any chocolate, but dark is best.
Serve it for afternoon tea and watch out- there isn't likely to be much left once everyone has tried a piece!
Cake photos lensmaster's own
Serves: 16 slices
- 100 g nut chocolate
- 5 bananas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200 g soft butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 120 g chopped hazelnuts
- icing sugar to finish
- Chop 70g chocolate.
- Peel and slice 4 bananas and mix with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Beat together butter, sugar, lemon rind and salt until creamy. Beat in the eggs.
- Mix together flour and baking powder and add the nuts and chopped chocolate. Add banana slices and spoon into a 30cm long loaf tin that has been lined with greaseproof paper on the bottom. Smooth surface and bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degrees (3-4 Gas) on the second to bottom shelf for 70-80 minutes.
- Mix icing sugar with enough water to make an icing and cover the cake along with the rest of the chocolate which has been roughly chopped and the remaining banana, sliced and dipped in the remaining lemon juice.
- Serve on your favorite cake plate, such as the one below.
What Is Your Fav Tasty Food? - Come on- spill the beans!
What is your yummiest snack food?
Bake And Serve Your Banana Cake To Perfection - With this non-stick pan and beautiful cake plate
Are your old pans tired and even too short for this recipe? Having the right pan will ensure that your banana cake turns out trumps!
Serve it on this cake plate that will display it perfectly to catch the eye and taste buds of your guests!
Yummy, Tasty Food- who can resist?
Nut Alternatives For This Cake Recipe
Instead of the hazelnuts you could use walnuts or pecan nuts. Use milk chocolate instead of nut.