Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Delightful Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Treat your family to an extra special dessert, a delightful Chocolate Banana Cream Pie.
Put the pie on the table and it will instantly vanish. Make sure you get to have a piece yourself!
Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Banana Cream Pie, and a video on how to make it.
Online Cooking Unit Conversion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornflower
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks- lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shell- baked
- 4 squares semisweet chocolate- melted
- 2 medium firm bananas- sliced
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornflour and salt... Gradually add milk and cream until smooth
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes
- Add a small amount to egg yolks, mix well
- Return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, stir in butter and vanilla...
- Pour half into the pastry shell, cover and refrigerate...
- Add chocolate to remaining custard; mix well..Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Do no stir,
- Arrange bananas over filling. Carefully spoon chocolate custard over all.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired...
Chocolate Banana Cream Pie on Video
You need a good pie plate
Freezer-, oven-, broiler-, microwave-, and dishwasher-safe