- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Blueberry Clusters
Fresh Blueberry Chocolate Candy Recipe
Here's a recipe for a chocolate candy you can tell yourself is oh so healthy, while it's oh so decadent. Both dark chocolate and blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids, so what could be better than an antioxidant treat that melts in your mouth?
There are so many recipes for strawberries dipped in chocolate. Blueberries, being a little smaller, don't fair as well with dipping -- until now.
I had to find a way to cover blueberries with chocolate, and the way is quick and simple with a minimum of ingredients and time spent. The results speak for themselves.
I use candy bars for this recipe as they melt easily in the microwave.
Chocolate chips, are harder to melt as they are designed to not lose shape when they are baked in a cookie.
Chocolate Blueberry Clusters Recipe
Super easy. Super quick.
These blueberry candies were made with dark chocolate (Hershey's Special Dark Giant Bar) but you may use milk chocolate if you prefer.
I microwave in two small batches so the chocolate does not harden while I am working. Do what works for you.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 12 pieces
- 4 oz (115 g) fresh blueberries
- 6.8 oz (192g) chocolate bar (dark or regular)
- cooking spray or mini paper cups
- Wash blueberries and pick off any little stems. Fully air dry or pat dry.
- Either spray cooking spray in 12 cups in a mini muffin tin or line them with a mini paper cup.
- Drop about 4 or 5 blueberries in each cup. They should be a little raised so be generous.
- In a small microwave safe dish, place half the chocolate bar broken in about 4 pieces. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir. Put about a tablespoon of chocolate in each of 6 cup, covering the blueberries. (I use one spoon to push it off the other).
- Break up the rest of the chocolate bar in the dish (as above) and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Repeat as above filling the remaining 6 cups.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 or 2 hours until hardened.
- Store in refrigerator or cool place. Treat as you would fresh blueberries, as these have no preservatives in them.
Chocolate Blueberry Clusters - Photos of Step by Step PreparationClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2012 Ellen Gregory