Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Coffee and Chocolate in a Cake
Not just coffee, but chocolate chips combine to make this Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake a crowd pleaser.
A delicious mixture to tempt anyone, even the most jaded of cake lovers.
Coffee and chocolate go together. They arrived as new and refreshing drinks in Europe about the same time as each other, but they never met in a cake.
Online Cooking Unit Conversion
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Ready in: 55 min
- Yields: 24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plain -all-purpose- flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- 2. In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and soda then set aside.
- 3. In a large sized bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar then add eggs, sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- 4. Now add the flour mixture and combine it together. Batter will be thick.
- 5. In a separate bowl, combine chocolate chips, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 6. Spread half of the cake batter in prepared 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chip mixture over the batter. Repeat with the remaining batter, and then the remaining chocolate chip mixture.
- 7. Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.