The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Lots of people who have tried these cookies have said that they were the best they'd ever had. These chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy with a little bit of crispiness at the edges and a not-too-sweet flavor. I don't know if they're the best in the world, but they're pretty darn good, and if you follow this recipe and my simple tips and tricks you can decide for yourself.
Chewy or crispy?
Which type of chocolate chip cookie do you prefer?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- Â¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- Â¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2Â¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Â½ tsp salt
- 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
TIP: Use extra flour
This recipe uses a little extra flour to give the cookies that rounded, lumpy look. Try this trick with any other cookie recipes you have that taste good but turn out flatter than you'd like.
The extra flour also helps to give the dough a slightly salty, less sweet flavor that goes great with the chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375Â°
- Mix the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg until well blended and creamy.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together. (You can do it right on top of the wet ingredients, mixing the soda and salt into the flour a little with a dry spoon before mixing the flour into the wet ingredients.)
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until well blended. The dough is very dry and stiff, and it may seem as though it is too dry to combine, but it will come together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Put rounded spoonfuls of dough on a cool cookie sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are just beginning to brown. For best results, use one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven.
- Cool 2 to 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
Are these the world's best chocolate chip cookies, or what? - If you tried the recipe, give us your verdict.
Lots of people have commented in the guestbook below with their opinions on this recipe, with responses ranging from "These really are THE WORLD'S BEST." to "We ended up throwing them all out." (!) So, what do you think?
Is this the World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
TIP: Cool the cookie sheet
For lumpy, rounded cookies that are not too flat or too browned, allow the cookie sheet to cool completely between batches. If the cookies are still coming out too flat, try chilling the dough for a few minutes in the refrigerator.
Are you a chocolate chip cookie purist?
How do you like your chocolate chip cookies?
The Betty Crocker Cookbook
This recipe started with a chocolate chip cookie recipe from the . I have made some adjustments and figured out some tricks to get consistently good results. I don't use the original Betty Crocker recipe anymore for chocolate chip cookies, but I do use the book for lots of other dishes and cooking basics. Betty Crocker Cookbook
TIP: Put bread in the cookie jar
To keep the cookies soft and chewy longer, put a piece of bread in the container you are storing them in. You can use any kind of bread, and it will become stale and dried out in a day or so, but the cookies will stay soft. If the bread gets completely dried out before the cookies are gone, you can replace the bread or pour a glass of milk and eat more cookies!
The bread trick even works to bring past-their-prime cookies back around.