Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
My Secret Recipe - Revealed!
These are my famous Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
Delicious and nutritious, they are the perfect blend for a yummy healthy snack. The oatmeal has fiber (very important for your heart-health!), and there's just enough chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth.
These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies mix up in a hurry (no electric mixer required!), and the dough refrigerates well. Make a big batch and be ready to spoon out a cookie sheet full of warm delicious Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies anytime at all! :)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup of Margarine
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 large Egg
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Chocolate Chips
- Stir both kinds of sugar (brown and white) together with the Soft Margarine and the Egg in a big bowl. Keep stirring until they are are creamed together.
- Add the Vanilla, and stir again until the vanilla is completely integrated, (no streaks showing).
- Add the flour the creamed mixture slowly. If you add it a half a cup at a time, you'll be able to work it in without having to to dirty up the electric mixer. I use a scraper-spatula, to keep cleaning the sides of the bowl as I work.
- Fold in the Oats. Be sure to reach tho the bottom of the bowl as you're doing this, so you don't leave any pockets of the creamed mixture "un-oated".
- Finally, stir in your chocolate chips. It'll make your dough a bit lumpy-looking, but that's okay.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto your cookie sheet (or onto disposable foil if you hate to wash cookie sheets!), then bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10-11 minutes. You'll know they're done when the *bottom* edges start to turn golden. DON'T wait for the tops to turn, or they'll be too done.
- Let them cool on the foil for just a minute or two, and they will peel off nicely without having to dirty up a spatula. (Do you see a theme here? I don't have a dishwasher...LOL)
- Serve with ice cold milk! Yummy!!! :)
Excellent Mixing Bowls
The middle one of these bowls is perfect for the batch amount listed here. (Or use the biggest one for a giant batch!)
Have ingredients shipped!
Amazon will send cookie ingredients right to your house! No more trudging through bad weather. How cool is that??
Nestle's chips are the *best* is my opinion. Part of my secret for perfect-tasting recipes is to always stick with this dependable brand!