Chocolate Pretzel Treats are Salty, Sweet, Fun and Fast
I've been making these simple and delicious chocolate pretzel treats for several years now, and they are always popular with everybody who tries them. If you're looking for an easy candy recipe that will please almost everyone, this is the one!
I love these treats because the combination of salty, crunchy pretzels with creamy, sweet chocolate satisfies both my sweet tooth and my salty snack cravings! One friend tried these treats and said, "That's the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!"
The flavor is similar to chocolate-dipped pretzels, but the recipe is much less messy, and more colorful! The stripes on the Hugs give the candy a fancy pattern, and people will wonder how you did it.
You have to give this recipe a try. Enjoy!
- 1 bag of small circle pretzels (small twists or squares will work, too)
- 2 bags of Hershey Hugs
- 1 bag of M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray foil lightly with cooking oil.
- Unwrap Hershey Hugs.
- Place pretzels on foil-lined baking sheet in a single flat layer.
- Place one Hug in the center of each pretzel circle, or on top of each pretzel, if they are not circles.
- Put sheet into oven for 5 minutes. Hugs will soften but maintain shape.
- After 5 minutes, remove sheet from oven and immediately press an M&M candy down into each Hug. The chocolate will spread out a bit and fill the center of the pretzel.
- Cool in refrigerator until chocolate is solid.
- Remove from sheet and store in a tin, zip bag or tightly covered plastic container.
Hugs make these treats look fancy and festive, because they have pretty stripes!
M&Ms are what you need to press down the Hugs into the pretzels.
A nonstick baking sheet makes this recipe so easy to make and clean up!