- Food and Cooking
How To Make A Chocolate Pudding Pie
Recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie
Chocolate Pudding Pie is a big favorite of a friend of mine and I always make it when he comes to visit. It's quick to put together with simple ingredients and will bring many smiles come dessert time.
Chocolate Pudding Pie is a perfect dessert choice for any occasion, whether it's a casual or formal get-together. There is nothing better than this creamy, rich pie to satisfy a chocolate craving and I am happy to share the recipe. It will go so fast that you might just want to make two pies!
Photo Credit: Creative Commons/Ateupamateur
- 1 ready made pie shell baked
- 2 pkgs. instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbls. powdered sugar
- chocolate curls or shavings
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 1 hour 45 min
- Ready in: 2 hours
- Yields: 8
Beautiful pie plates show off delicious pies
- Combine chocolate pudding and milk.
- Mix for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Let pudding set for another 2 minutes to thicken.
- Fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture until combined.
- Pour pudding mixture into pie crust.
- Place heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Whip on high speed until peaks form, do not over whip.
- Spread whipped cream over pie.
- Top with chocolate curls.
- Chill two hours.
Fun variations for Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Use a graham cracker crust instead of a pastry crust.
- Use whipped topping instead of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle finished pie with toasted nuts or coconut.
- Use vanilla pudding instead of chocolate for a Vanilla Pudding Pie.
Do you like Chocolate Pudding Pie?
chocolate pie recipe
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy."