Chocolate Strawberry Cookie SMores
Chocolate Strawberry Cookie Smores
Chocolate strawberry cookie smores recipe sounds like a mouthful and it is, not only to say but it is one delicious mouthful of taste all wrapped up in a cupcake liner. Imagine Oreo Cookies on the bottom, strawberries dipped in chocolate, your favorite toppings like chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips, cookie crumbles, sprinkles, you name it and you can add it.
A few very easy ingredients created DIY with a little creativity, a lot of love and some hungry baking assistants topped off with drizzled chocolate and you have a sweet treat perfect for holidays, birthdays, special occasions, or just because you love them.
Just like all of my recipes, they have very few ingredients, no complicated instructions and can be modified to make your taste buds happy!
Serve Chocolate Strawberry Cookies In Style
Chocolates and strawberries are decadent and loved as treats anyway but I always feel like anything tastes even better when it looks as delicious as it tastes. I love serving even the most basic cooking or baking recipes on platters, serving bowls or even plastic trays covered in cute doilies. Appearance is part of the fun and has everyone's mouth watering before they even get their first taste.
Recipe Ingredient Ideas
Chocolate melts work great for this strawberry cookie recipe but if you don't have them, chocolate chips will melt fine
Oreos double stuffed are my favorite base for this delicious cookie recipe.
Sprinkles of course - rainbow sprinkles, chocolate jimmies or any sugar sprinkle that features your occasion.
Chocolate strawberries cookie smores are a treat for every occasion, easy and inexpensive to create and with a little DIY taste you can make them your way.
I made these up one day when I wanted a special sweet recipe I could make with my favorite chef assistants. I was thinking chocolate, they were thinking strawberries and cookies. So it was time to whip up some Chocolate strawberry cookies and as we went along, we tasted and made adjustments until it was everyones perfect recipe.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: About An Hour
Serves: Make A Lot Of Them!
- Fresh Strawberries
- Chocolate Melts or Chocolate Chips
- Oreo Cookies - Double Stuffed Is My Favorite
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Melt the chocolate - I use a super easy fondue pot
- Line the cupcake tray with your favorite cupcake liners
- Twist the Oreo cookie top off to reveal the double stuffing and cookie bottom
- Place 1 Oreo Cookie in each liner double stuff white goodness up (Save the tops of the cookies if you want to crush and crumble on the top of some of the Smores)
- Add a spoonful of melted chocolate on top of the oreo cookie
- Slice the strawberries in half the long way and lay it cut side down on top of the oreo cookie and melted chocolate
- Drop in some mini marshmallows
- Add some mini chocolate chips
- Go crazy and crush up some kit kats or add some sno caps or raisinets or chop up some nuts - it's all about what you love
- Add another spoonful or 2 of melted chocolate over the strawberry and in and around the candy toppings, this will not only taste great but hold everything together once it is chilled
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the whole delicious thing
- Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes
- Place it on a platter or serve it from the tray, surround it with family and friends and Enjoy!
Here are some great recipe accessories like fondue melting pots, cupcake trays and paper liners, you don't need to buy or use any of them and may have everything you need in your own kitchen but here's some of my favorites for this recipe and many others.
I melt my chocolate in a fondue pot - it works great and stays warm and can be used for great fondues at other times
Any cupcake baking tray will do because they are going to be lined. I like the ones that make a dozen at a time and have tons of them.
Spatulas are great for stirring the chocolate as it melts and keeping it smooth
Bowls to fill with your favorite candies and toppings ready to be added to the treats
Serving platters, plates or dishes will look great featuring our chocolate strawberries cookies.
Chef AssistantsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Photo Recipe StepsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Recipe Close Up and Personal
Chocolate Cookie Smores come out of the cupcake liner easily to savor and enjoy or they can be eaten straight from the wrapper so you don't even need a plate. They are a wonderful treat and one of my favorite DIY Family Recipes.
I think it is really important that recipes can be adapted to make everyone happy and able to share them. If you are diabetic and need to adjust the cookies, the chocolate or any part of it, you can and still enjoy a wonderful treat.
If you don't love Oreos or don't have them in the house, try graham crackers (which we did with one batch for the chef assistant who loves them and it was her favorite).
Strawberries are a favorite for so many people, but I am not a lover so I would adapt my cookie smores by leaving the strawberries off and adding, well additional marshmallows and candy. By far though, everyone's favorite has been the double stuffed oreo cookie bottom, strawberries and everything from peanut butter cups cut up to crushed oreos on top.
Not everyone loves chocolate - I know hard to believe and not everyone loves strawberries, actually I never eat strawberries but everyone loves something that goes with this recipe I'm sure!
Will you try these or make your own recipe cookie smores one day?