- Food and Cooking
Chocolate Makes Me Melt!
Does Chocolate Make You Melt?
If I could, I would find whomever it was who discovered Chocolate and take them out to lunch! I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for giving me a lifetime of so much chocolate happiness. Although I love all kinds of goodies, there is no singular pleasure like unwrapping a pretty foil wrapper encasing a deluxe chocolate and inhaling that heavenly scent before devouring it.
There's an old, treasured photo of me that I will never forget. I was two years old, in a tiny black and white polka-dotted dress, esconced in my high chair. What a pretty picture, right? Well, that's what my mom Izzy thought until her nemesis mother in law, my grandma, decided it would be fun to give me a Hershey bar to play with! There to my mom's horror I am, all ruined... but in my mind, a chocolate painted masterpiece! Yes, folks, that was the beginning. In this photo, I did the same thing to my pretty daughter Carianne!
My next vivid chocolate memory is of the favorite activity my BFF Sue and I would indulge in after school as teenagers - it involved two bowls, a one pound bag of M&M's, and a lot of chocolate bliss!
I'm glad to say the love affair continues fifty-some years later! Now that I'm diabetic, I can't splurge the way I used to, but I do get my little chocolate happiness where I can!
This is all about chocolate love, in whatever form that may take. We'll look at chocolate goodies to eat, chocolate gifts to tickle the chocolate lover in your life, chocolate things to wear, even chocolates to decorate your surroundings with! And last but not least, I'll share my family's favorite chocolate recipe, Sheila's Decadent Creme de Menthe Brownies, that I created for them years ago.
Get The Chocolate I Use! - You Will LOVE Them!
In my opinion this chocolate is the best I ever found for baking! Or melting... or whatever!
I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
My Son John, The Chef, Making His First Chocolate Pretzels!
My Favorite Chocolate Stores To Visit!
My most favorite is the original Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Estes Park, Colorado! The place is unforgettable. There was even a life-size chocolate bear cub when I was there! If you're in the area, do make the time to stop!
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
They have a mall store in Omaha, Nebraska too.
- Godiva Chocolates
Their little stores are so pretty and yummy too!
- Russell Stover Candy
I visit their outlet store in Omaha, Nebraska!
- Ghirardelli Chocolates
I was fortunate enough to visit their San Francisco store back in the late '90s.
LIFE IS SHORT, EAT THE CHOCOLATE FIRST!
What's Your Stance On Chocolate?
White, Milk or Dark, What's Your Favorite?
Chocolate Coffee Mugs On Amazon!
Sheila's Decadent Creme de Menthe Brownies
An ooey, gooey chocolate treat that will shut up the toughest chocolate monster out there! Not for the choco-timid or calorie-conscious! If you bring this to a potluck dinner, expect to become famous for it!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 12
- 1 package of the cheapest brownie mix you can find
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 bag (12 oz) Andes Creme de Menthe chips
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 small box Andes Creme de Menthe Candies
- Coffee... Lots Of Coffee... To Drink With This!
- In large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and sweetened condensed milk. Beat just until all ingredients are well combined. Stir in 1/2 bag of the Andes chips. Bake in 350 oven for prescribed time on brownie box plus another 8-10 minutes. (watch closely, don't overbake)
- Melt Ghirardelli baking bar and a good handful of the Andes chips with 2 cups heavy cream in double boiler or over very low heat, stirring constantly. When chocolate and cream are thoroughly combined, remove from heat and set aside. Stir every few minutes to keep chocolate mixture smooth.
- Remove brownies from oven when done. Poke holes all over the brownies with a bamboo skewer or similar sized object. Pour the chocolate ganache over the top. Garnish with 1 Andes candy per serving piece and sprinkle remaining Andes chips all over. Serve hot for ooey-gooey-melty deliciousness, or chill for a firm brownie.