Easy Chocolate Walnut Pie
A Special Dessert That is Also Easy
Whenever I am looking for a dessert recipe to impress, Chocolate Walnut Pie is one that comes to mind. It's a bit different and unique than most of your apple, lemon meringue and pecan varieties.
First of all, this IS a decadent pie! You will want to slice this in small portions, with a dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of ice cream on the side.
Second, this pie is very easy, but don't let that fool you, it is elegant and special for holidays and dinner parties too. The combination of chocolate, walnuts and butter in a flaky pie crust is extraordinary and the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 bar semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup warm light cream
- Bake pie shell according to package directions; cool.
- Line bottom of pie with walnuts and chocolate pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is set.
This durable and colorful pie dish will show off your homemade pies with elegance.
A pretty piece to bake and display a delicious pie.
Classic Le Creuset Stoneware will bake your pie and also store it in the freezer.
Share a Comment