Chopped Avocado Salad
Easy and Fresh for Summer
Summer is a time for fresh vegetables and tasty salads. I like this Chopped Avocado Salad because it is bursting with flavor and so easy to make. It compliments just about any main dish, but my favorite is to serve it with something from the grill such as shrimp or salmon. If you prefer to skip the seafood, a side of beans and corn will make a nice substitute. Add tortilla chips for fun.
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbls. grape seed oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Green leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl combine lime juice, cilantro, oil, sugar and cumin.
- Add avocado and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Add black beans, if desired.
- Serve on lettuce or with tortilla chips.