The Best-Ever Cinnamon Bun Recipe
A Copycat Recipe For The Fabulous Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll
The best cinnamon bun recipe that I have ever made is this one that recreates the fabulous Cinnabon cinnamon bun. If you have had the pleasure of eating one of those rolls fresh from the food court at your local mall, you will know of what I speak. If you have not had one, then you have truly been missing out.
This recipe is definitely a once-a-year recipe, if you are at all careful about your diet. However, when you do decide to treat yourself, your house will smell like a MILLION DOLLARS and when you take your first bite, you will feel like you are in HEAVEN.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- 1/2 Cup Becel (or other soft margarine)
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Yeast
- Place all of the ingredients in your bread machine, starting with the liquid and ending with the yeast. Remove from pan and roll out to about 1/4 inch thick attempting to create a somewhat rectangular shape.
- 1/4 Cup Becel
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- Spread the Becel evenly on the dough and then sprinkle it with the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll the dough up into a tube and slice into 1-inch slices.
- Place the slices on a greased pan. I prefer to use a greased, shallow casserole dish.
- Let rise until about double in size.
- The original recipe said to bake them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. However, I find I have to bake them for about twice that time. I am not sure if it is because mine are crowded or why. I recommend prying between a couple of your rolls to see if they are looking doughy or done.
- 1/2 Cup Becel
- 1 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Ounce Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Whip Cream or Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Beat all of the ingredients together until they are fluffy and smooth.
- While the cinnamon rolls are still hot, spread the icing all over them.
I Love Cinnamon Rolls Cookbook By Judith Fertig - Just in case one bun recipe is not enough!
If you love these rolls enough to try many recipes, this cookbook is the one for you. With the 50 recipes packed between the covers, you will create "comforting swirls of gooey cinnamon goodness "
More Bread Machine Recipes
- The Best-Ever Country Seed Bread Recipe
This homemade bread recipe, made with the assistance of a bread machine, wins rave reviews every time.
- The Best-Ever Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe
Making your own pizza dough at home is too easy, particularly if you put your BREAD MACHINE to work for you. On this page, find the simple instructions and the recipe for making pizza dough at home. You'll love the ease, the economy and the taste. ..
More Extra-Special Treats
- The Best-Ever Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Looking for an easy and delicious chocolate fondue recipe? You've found one right here!
- The Best-Ever Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
This combination of sweet cake and tart cranberries is absolutely perfect. If you are looking for a fairly easy and delicious recipe for a cranberry coffee cake, you will love this one. This coffeecake recipe is definitely a favourite in my family...
- The Best-Ever Carrot Cake Recipe
My friends tell me that this is the best carrot cake that they have ever eaten. I agree.
You Can Have A Cinnamon Bun With Every Cup of Coffee - By ordering this fun mug from the artist on Zazzle.
© 2012 Treasures By Brenda