Classic Cheese Steak Sandwich
I love a good Classic Cheese Steak Sandwich. It doesn't have to be fancy, even though there are many variations. A nice soft roll with fried steak. onions and topped with cheese is all you need.
A Cheese Steak is just about the best hot sandwich ever made. Some may call it a sub, hoagie, hero or grinder depending on the region. While some cities are famous for their cheese steaks, it's so easy to make your own at home.
Serves: 1-2 servings
- 1 large sub roll split
- 1 tbls. butter softened
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. rib-eye steak sliced very thin
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- Toast sub roll either on grill or under broiler.
- Spread butter onto roll.
- Heat olive oil on grill or in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook steak and onions until meat is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cheese on top of steak mixture to melt slightly.
- Transfer to sub roll.
Make fabulous cheese steak sandwiches right on your countertop with this smart indoor grill.
Burger and sandwich lovers everywhere will love this cookbook.
Share A Comment