- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Classic chocolate mousse recipe
This recipe can easily be doubled, it only serves about 4 people. I prefer to divide the mousse into verrines because once you scoop out a few spoons of a big bowl, the rest doesn’t look as appetizing anymore. When you divide it into individual glasses, it doesn’t need more than an hour in the fridge to set, for a big bowl allow at least 2-3 hours.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 1/2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Melt the chocolate and butter together and stir until well combined.
- Separate the eggs and add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Mix well (I used an electric mixer.)
- Whip the egg whites with the lemon juice until it becomes stiff.
- Fold one third of it gently into the chocolate – egg yolk mixture, then fold in the rest, careful not to deflate the egg whites. Fill into serving bowl or bowls and refrigerate.