Homemade Colored Bread Recipes
Coloring bread is a great way to have more fun in the kitchen. This rainbow bread is especially exciting for kids. You will love seeing their faces when you cut a slice of colored bread and they get to see all of the colors swirled together. Colored bread is also a conversation starter at parties. Your guests will take delight in every bite of a sandwich made with colored bread. Try baking a loaf of colored bread today. You will not be disappointed.
Picture courtesy of v i p e z on Creative Commons.
How To Make Colored Bread
Basic Colored Bread Recipe
Basic Rainbow Bread Recipe
1 1-pound loaf frozen bread dough
Â¼ cup flour
5 drops each of blue, red, yellow, green, and purple food coloring
Canola oil spray
1. Let the bread dough thaw out completely. Divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
2. Add one batch of food coloring to each portion of the dough and knead well.
3. Flour a baking sheet. Let the dough rest on the sheet for about an hour.
4. Flatten each piece of dough until it is 8 inches long.
5. Stack the pieces of dough on top of each other. You can leave them as is or gently twist them together.
6. Place dough in an 8-inch loaf pan sprayed with canola oil. Let it rest another hour until it rises an inch above the rim of the pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Remove from pan immediately. Slice bread when cooled.
Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Loaf Pan - Perfect for baking colored bread
From the premier name in food processors, comes a superior line of bakeware. Constructed out of heavy gauge materials, these are pans that won't warp and will facilitate even browning. Nonstick inside and out makes your life easy when it comes to removing food from the pan for serving, and during cleaning. You can even put these pieces in the dishwasher if you like!
Check out these pink and green sandwiches!
Colored Bread Recipe Variations - The best colored bread recipes on the web
- Fairy Bread
FAIRY BREAD: Butter the bread and sprinkle with the multi colored candies. ...
- Rainbow Bread
Rainbow Bread is a really great recipe to make with kids. They especially like kneading the food color into each of the dough pieces.
- Recipe: Tri-Color Bread Braid
Recipe: Tri-Color Bread Braid. by GettingFreedom on July 14, 2009. Welcome! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe for free updates via RSS or email. ...
- Candy Rainbow Bread Recipe
Candy Rainbow Bread. 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/2 teaspoons active ...
- How to Make Rainbow Bread | eHow.com
How to Make Rainbow Bread. Making a rainbow bread is a great project to do with ... Knead Kamut Bread Dough Â· How to Cut Pizza Bread Â· Banana Bread Recipe ...
- Fairy Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com
This is a great Aussie kids party favorite, we were all brought up on it. Bread is spread with margarine and topped with colored sprinkles, or if you are in ...