- Food and Cooking
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Sometimes you can have way too many appetizers when all you need is a large size of one great appetizer. This fresh and colorful salsa is one of those delicious appetizers that can be considered a centerpiece when served in a big bowl with an assortment of artisan tortilla chips. I love that this Corn and Black Bean Salsa can be made a day in advance and ready to serve at a moments notice.
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups canned corn drained
- 1 1/2 cups black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- Tortilla Chips
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, olive oil, sugar and salt.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno.
- Add lime juice mixture and stir to coat vegetables.
- Make up to one day ahead or serve immediately with tortilla chips.