Cosmopolitan Martini's My Go to Drink
There is an art to preparing the perfect martini. From the slivers of ice on top to selecting the correct garnishes, martinis are much more than "shaken, not stirred".
Since turning 21, my favorite drink to order before dinner is a Cosmopolitan martini. It is after all the drink of "Sex and the City" girls. As delicious as it is, the Cosmopolitan, or Cosmo for short, is also really easy to make at home!
Prep Time: 5
Total Time: 5
- Cranberry Juice
- Rose's Lime Juice
- Triple Sec
- Maraschino Cherry with stem
- Optional Orange used for zest
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, stainless steel will make you feel like a pro, but any shaker will do. I prefer crushed ice.
- Pour into the shaker 1 oz of your favorite vodka, 1/2 oz of triple sec, 1/2 oz Rose's Sweet lime juice and 1/2 oz of cranberry juice. Have to love a drink with easy amount to memorize!
- Put the lid on the shaker and shake, shake, shake that drink. Feel free to test out your favorite Tom Cruise moves from the movie "Cocktail".
- Pour into a martini glass, using the strainer so the ice remains in the shaker.
- Plop in a maraschino cherry.
- If you're feeling fancy add a strip of orange zest.
- Serve immediately while the ice crystals are still floating on top, yum!
Mix multiple martini's at once in this large professional shaker. Plus they throw in a free jigger!
You could have a Cosmo in just a plain glass, but they somehow taste best in a proper martini glass. Bonus this set is dishwasher safe!
The Cosmo is a great starter martini, but their is a whole plethora of delicious martini concoctions out there.