Cow Patty Mexican Dip
Need A Fast Party Dip or Spread? I Now Present Cow Patty
The name might turn you off at first, but Cow Patty is a simple and delicious Mexican Dip. If you are from the South, you may have heard of it. I grew up eating tons of Cow Patty. You can quickly put the ingredients together if you are in a rush for your next social gathering. You can serve it in a nice casserole dish or in a Cow Serving Bowl. This dip will store easily in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can grab a bag of chips and set out the dip when ready to serve at your next get together.
- 1 pound ground beef (browned and drained)
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 small tub sour cream
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup tomato (diced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup jalapenos (optional)
- Taco Sauce or Salsa (optional)
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef, drain, and add taco seasoning. Warm 1 can of refried beans and allow both the meat and beans to cool. While these are cooling, shred your lettuce, dice the tomato, and shred your cheddar cheese. Next, you will smooth out the refried beans onto a party dip server. On top of this, you will add the cream cheese and sour cream. Add lettuce, tomato, and top with cheddar cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can find another great recipe by Jessica Weible.
Eww. Why is it named Cow Patty?
I'm not exactly sure, but one look at the refried beans might tell you why.
A Great Display For Your Next Party - Need a new dip tray?
Get ready for some football with this fabulous party dip tray. You will be prepared for your guests during the next tailgate party and keep them entertained.
Prepare Your Dip Ahead Of Time
You can save some time by browning your meat before the big party.
42 Years Of Cow Chip Tossing Tradition
Or Have A Good Ol' Time Playing Cow Patty Bingo - You will need a strong stomach to eat Cow Patty while playing this game.
Besides watching grass grow, this has to be the next most exciting game you can play. Yes you can watch cows as they do what nature intended. It sounds gross, but there are many charities and organizations that use Cow Patty Bingo as a way to raise funds. I think the cows have a great time too (if you can tell that a cow is having fun anyway).
A Cute Cow Patty Gift - A great decorative pillow for any cow fans.
This adorable pillow is funny and will make a nice addition into any country decor.