Easy Crab Appetizer
Easy Party Crab Appetizer-My Most Requested Recipe
Are you looking for a party appetizer that your guests will rave about? Would you like one that is also easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time and frozen?
I have found this Crab Puff Delight to be the perfect answer to both of these questions.
I keep lots of these handy little appetizers in my freezer, ready and waiting for guests to arrive. All I have to do is pop them in the oven and I have a yummy appetizer that my guests rave about.
1 package English Muffins (6 muffins)
1 stick butter
1 jar Old English Cheddar (6 oz.)
1 can crab, drained
Garlic salt to taste
1 glove garlic
1-2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
2 tablespoons mayo (I use Miracle Whip)
Make Ahead Crab Appetizer
easy party recipe
The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and always have some available in the freezer.
I make 3-4 batches at a time and freeze them in bags of a dozen crab puffs each.
Then whenever I'm having a party or even when unexpected guests drop by, I can pull a bag out of the freezer and have hot appetizers in a very short time.
- 1 can crab meat drained
- 1 package English Muffins
- 1 stick butter
- 1 jar Old English cheese
- garlic salt to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 -2 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T Mayo (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1. Melt butter in microwave
- 2. Warm opened jar of Old English in microwave to soften. This takes about 30-40
- 3. Put all ingredients except the english muffins in a bowl and mix together.
- 4. Break the english muffins in half and spread on cookie sheet.
- 5. Spread the mixture on the english muffins.
- 6. Place cookie sheet with muffins in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- 7. Remove from freezer and cut each muffin half into quarters.
- 8. You can now place the quarters of english muffins into bags to freeze. I put a
- dozen quarters in each plastic freezer bag.
It's Party Time
Serving the Crab Puffs
Now the guests are arriving and it's time to serve the Crab Puff Delights .
All you need to do is take a bag of the frozen crab puffs from the freezer and put them on a cookie sheet. I usually spray the cookie sheet with Pam for an easier cleanup.
Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or till slightly browned.
Carefully remove crab puffs and put on your favorite serving dish.
Enjoy your guests praises and be ready to give out the recipe.
Wonderful Non Stick Baking Mat - perfect for baking your Crab Puff Delights
This great flexible silicone mat is one of the best inventions for baking. I just put it on the top of any of my baking sheets and it makes for great baking and easy cleanup. It has a no stick surface that works wonderful for these crab puffs. If some of the filling spills over while baking it will easily come off with a bit of water and dishwashing soap.
This mat is fantastic! Easy to use! You will love not having to scrape and scrub your baking sheets!
Christmas Tree Serving Platter - great for serving appetizers
I love to use different serving plates for my appetizers. This Christmas Tree design plate would be great for serving crab puffs!