- Food and Cooking
Crab Salad in Wontons
One of my favorite foods in the entire world is crab and I am always looking for new ways to serve it. This appetizer recipe for Crab Salad in Wontons is similar to a shrimp salad that I make and I decided to try it with crab instead and see how it tasted. Well, let me tell you it is delicious!
I like to use blue crab, which I think is the best, but if you favor another kind of crab meat, I am sure that will work just as well.
This crab salad is also very good stuffed in large pasta shells for a lunch or dinner meal.
Serves: 6 (two appetizers each)
- 1 pkg. square wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbls. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. crab seasoning (preferably Old Bay)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. fresh refrigerated crab meat
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup and spray tops.
- Bake at 375F. for 5-7 minutes or until wontons are brown and crispy.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients, except crab meat, in a large bowl.
- Mix well, then lightly toss in crab meat.
- Fill wontons with crab salad mixture.
- Serve immediately.