- Food and Cooking
Cranberry Apple Pie Recipe
Easy Cranberry Apple Pie Recipe
Is it that time of year again when apples are in season? Sometimes apples are everywhere, cheap and oh so plentiful, but how many ways can you cook an apple?
Try adding cranberries to your apples, for a Cranberry Apple Pie
This pie is simple enough to make with ready-made pastry and a can of cranberries, turns out lusciously moist and a very different and slightly tart way of presenting an apple pie.
Online Cooking Unit Conversion
- 6 apples
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Line a pie plate with pastry.
- 3. Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- 4. Combine apples and cranberry sauce in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 5. Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the apple mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- 6. Turn filling into the pastry lined pan.
- 7. Cover with top crust.
- 8. Crimp edges.
- 9. Cut slits in top crust.
- 10. Bake for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 435 | Total Fat: 15.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg
Lovely apple cranberry pie recipe
Slightly fussier apple and cranberry pie
More Apple Recipes from my kitchen
- Old Fashioned Toffee Apples become Gourmet Candied Apples
When I was small my grandmother made toffee apples for special occasions. She produced these gorgeous, sticky, jaw-breaking confections for birthdays, Christmas, St Patrick's Day and sometimes just for no reason at all.
- Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings Recipe
Everyone likes apples, and I've never met anyone who refuses a slice of apple pie. just wait till they set their eyes on these apple dumplings!
- Pork Chops with Caramel and Apples
I'm very fond of caramel and very fond of a piece of pork too. Add an everyday fruit like the versatile apple and you have a winner. Pork Chops with Caramel and Apple.
- Apple Biscuits Recipe
Apples and Biscuits, you can't lose
- Old fashioned Apple Brown Betty
An apple brown betty is an easy to make simple dessert made from apples and sweetened crumbs. This recipe uses apple cider, cinnamon and ginger for extra zing.
Something you may not know about apples
- Apples in the Ancient World
No longer do we believe that apples are gifts from the gods or guarded by dragons, and we know that apples don't magically heal wounds or make us irresistibly beautiful. Nor, sadly, will one bite from an apple grant us eternal youth. But, once upon a