Make Cranberry Sauce From Scratch: Homemade Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Delicious, Tasty, and Easy to Make Homemade Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Cranberry Chutney is a great recipe for Thanksgiving that will quickly replace the traditional canned cranberry sauce. With fresh ingredients like real cranberries, raisins and apples, along with aromatic spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, this recipe is a keeper for Thanksgiving and the Holidays!
Homemade cranberry chutney is easy, looks impressive, and keeps well for a week in refridgeration. Caution: once you try it, you'll never go back to the canned stuff!
If you've made this recipe, be sure to tell us how it came out in the comments!
Ingredients for Cranberry Chutney
Spice up your turkey with this fruit filled Thanksgiving recipe!
Cranberry chutney is basic, quick, and best made the day before. Since the cranberry mixture needs to cool, you can make this ahead and save yourself some of the work the next day. All the more time to chat with family.
* Orange rind, grated, approximately 1 teaspoon
* 1/3 cup orange juice
* 16 oz fresh cranberries, washed
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 cup mixed raisins
* 1/2 cup peeled, cored and sliced apples
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon allspice
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
Kitchen Gadgets That Will Make This Recipe Easier: - Spend less time in the kitchen with these products!
For variety in your cranberry chutney,
add pears in several different varieties to the mix!
Cape Cod's Famous Cranberry Recipes - The perfect cookbook for cranberry lovers!
Use up that cranberry sauce! Find many ways to make delicious recipes with a cranberry flair with these authentic Cape Cod cranberry recipes featuring Ocean Spray cranberries. If you've been to Cape Cod or southern Massachusetts, you might have noticed that they do cranberries well in restaurant recipes like pancakes, cookies, and even ice cream.
freeze perfectly. If you can find them, stock up on a few bags in your freezer so they'll always be on hand.
Where Are You Headed Off to for Thanksgiving? - Take our poll - are you cooking?
Are you making the Thanksgiving feast this year or is someone else?
Directions to Make Cranberry Chutney - Cranberry chutney only takes mintues to make!
Have this recipe ready for Thanksgiving in just minutes with these easy, simple instructions.
- Bring orange juice and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then continue heating until it reaches a boil again.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until all ingredients are soft.
- Pour into a bowl, place a piece of plastic wrap over the mixture.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
- To be served at room temperature.
- Excellent condiment for your leftover Thanksgiving sandwiches!! Also, try it on everything from crackers, toast, pork, chicken, muffins, and more!
Homemade Cranberry Chutney Makes a Great Spread!
Try spreading this chutney on sandwiches as a condiment, or use it on other meats like pork tenderloin and roasted chicken!