Janet and Greta Podleski's Crazy Plates, A Low-Fat Cookbook Review
Crazy Plates Features "Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad For You"
Crazy Plates ranks way up on my list of all-time favorite cookbooks, just like Looneyspoons does. After the success of their first book (Looneyspoons), Janet and Greta Podleski were flooded with letters and phone calls from people sharing their personal stories and asking for more recipes. The authors weren't convinced that they could do it but readers like myself were. After spending another year together to cook up a book equal to or better than the very popular Looneyspoons, they published Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You, in 1999.
People enjoy the Podleski sisters cookbooks as cookbooks and as much more -- they read them when they aren't even thinking of cooking. They read them for the nutrition facts and the great humor and cartoons. One elderly man wrote and told them that Crazy Plates was his bathroom reading. The Podleski sisters decided to take that as a compliment -- since that is where fibre winds up anyway.
Janet and Greta were even lucky enough to have the opportunity to sell this book on the shopping channel in the United States and it was a finalist in the James Beard Cookbook Awards. It sold well then and remains popular despite being out of print. It is, however, available through sellers online. This page will give you a bit more information about the book as well as links to buy it.
Crazy Plates from Amazon.
Thirteen Reasons To Love Crazy Plates - If you're looking for healthy, low-fat food with incredible taste -- you've come to the right Plates.
Why should you buy Crazy Plates? Well, how about because it is great? Because it ranks in my top five cookbooks of all time? Because people in North America absolutely love it? Or maybe because it includes some of the tastiest recipes around like Pod's Pad Thai? Or maybe even a reworked tuna casserole called Tickle Me Elbows? Or a delicious oven barbecued chicken thigh recipe called The Thigh Who Loved Me?
- Just the Snacks, Ma'am -- Scrumptious snacks and appetizers.
- Romaine Empire -- A kingdom of salads that's sure to empress.
- My Fair Ladle -- Savory soups that require you to Doolittle.
- Bring Home the Bakin' -- Muffins, loaves and other baked goodies.
- Eats Without Meats -- Vegetarian fare with flavor and flair.
- Pasta la Vista, Baby -- Say goodbye to hunger with these delicious pasta entrees.
- Chicken Worth Pickin' -- Keepig you abreast of chicken trends.
- Fishful Thinking -- Seafood dishes for those who love fishes.
- The Meating Room -- On the agenda, delectable beef and pork recipes.
- The Side Show -- A crowd-pleasing circus of side dishes.
- The Sweets of San Francisco -- You deserve a cake today (and squares and cookies, too!)
- Miscellooneyous -- A bit of dish and a bit of dat.
- Back Matter.
Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad For You! - Order your copy from Amazon right here.
"Janet and Greta Podleski
make low-fat food high fun."
You’ll enjoy Crazy Plates for the low fat recipes and for the facts, trivia and humor. Don’t miss My Yammi Spice, Berry Maniloaf nor Salmon Davis Jr.
AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEW"I just received CRAZY PLATES two days ago. Afer trying just two recipes, I am SOLD on this book! The food is great, it is easy to prepare, and the whole family loves it! I am on Weight Watchers and my husband is a diabetic. The nutritional information included with each recipe makes choosing good-for-us foods a breeze. The Berried Treasure muffins are already a hit at our house with just one batch! I collect cookbooks, and this one is bound to become one of my most used. You can be sure I will be buying LOONEYSPOONS, also by the Podleski sisters, too." ~~ A. Nelson "reloaly"
Remember that this book was published in 1999 and that beliefs about what is good for us in our diets has changed considerably in that time period so not every tidbit about how we look at fat is totally up to date. However, the recipes in Crazy Plates are still amongst the best!
- Recipe For Finding Good Cookbooks
Are you searching for a good cookbook? The best cookbook? Perhaps even a perfect cookbook? Find the recipe for a good cookbook here.
- American Country: Recipes for Country Cooking, A Coo...
American Country's Country Cooking cookbook features recipes for traditional country food . It is one of my all-time favourite cookbooks and the source of some of my family's favourite recipes.
- Janet and Greta Podleski's Looneyspoons, A Low-Fat C...
Looneyspoons may well be my favorite cookbook, ever. Definitely this great Canadian cookbook is in my top five. Learn more...
- Starbucks: Passion For Coffee Cookbook Review
Starbucks Passion For Coffee is a small and attractive Starbucks coffee book.
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
Harry Potter fans who like to cook ought to have this Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook in their collection.
- Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Television Series and...
Jamie Oliver is a busy man and he left Europe to help the people of the United States of America. He created a television show about fighting obesity called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. He wanted to help people "rediscover how to cook simple,...
- The Family Dinner Book Review ~ Much More Than A Coo...
Find ideas for your family's dinner and so much more in The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect With Your Kids, One Meal At A Time, by Laurie David with recipes by Kirstin Uhrenhold.
- The Hunger Games Cookbooks and Free Recipes
If you are a Hunger Games fan, you should check out The Hunger Games Unofficial Cookbook and the other great resources, including some free recipes, gathered on this page.
- If Company's Coming Use Jean Pare's Cookbooks!
Company's Coming is a fabulous Canadian cookbook line created by Jean Pare.
- Clara's Kitchen Cookbook Review
Discover a lifetime of wisdom, memories and recipes from the Great Depression.
© 2009 Treasures By Brenda