Marbled Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
The Absolute Best Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownie Recipe
I've found a great dessert recipe that's simple, and it looks beautiful. Chocolate cream cheese brownies are fancy enough for dinner guests, yet simple enough for the kids to make. Keep reading to get this fabulous recipe and other wonderful brownie recipes.
We Need Chocolate Now!
Brownies to the Rescue
I found this recipe one evening when my daughter asked if we could make something chocolately. I'm not one to refuse any endeavor that involves chocolate. It was late, and we were a little short on supplies. This recipe caught my eye because I just happened to have fourteen packages of cream cheese in the fridge (don't ask; I'll just say that I need to clean out the refrigerator more often so I know what I have). And it goes together in a jiffy.
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F Butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
2. Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe measuring cup and microwave on medium (50 percent) power for about 1 minute. Stir and continue microwaving almost 1 minute more or until the chocolate softens and looks shiny. It will not melt completely. Remove the measuring cup from the microwave, and stir the chocolate until smooth. Alternatively, melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly while preparing the brownie batter.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add the cream and vanilla and beat well. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, until the batter is smooth.
4. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the batter, and beat on low speed until incorporated. Scrape the batter into the pan. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the batter, and using a kitchen knife or rubber spatula, stir the chocolate into the batter with a swirling motion until well marbled.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool in the pan, set on a wire rack. Cut into squares to serve. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 2 dozen brownies.
Bakeware to Make Your Brownies Beautiful - These brownie pans will make you the most popular mom or dad at the bake sale.
Do You Need More Brownie Recipes? - These sound soooo yummy.
- Easy Saucepan Brownies
These chocolate brownies are easy to mix up in a saucepan, and they're chewy, moist, and delicious!
- Muffin Cup Brownies
Serve these round brownies with a big scoop of ice cream and dessert topping.
- Brownie Pie
With cookies crumbs and egg whites.
- Mocha Brownies
Mocha Brownies are made with chocolate, coffee, shortening or butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and walnuts or pecans.
- Perfect Chocolate Brownies
180 5-star ratings can't be wrong!
- Best Brownies
Perhaps the highest rated brownie recipe at Allrecipes.com. Tested by over 2,000 bakers.
- Milk Chocolate Brownies
Luscious milk chocolate.
- White Chocolate Brownies
With variations for white chocolate/raspberry brownies.