- Food and Cooking
Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
While not a full dinner, here is an appetizer I came up with on a whim one day when preparing for a cast party. The result is a rich, flavorful set of morsels that tend to not stay on the serving plate very long. This recipe is VERY easy, but can be messy. Be prepared to have an excuse to lick a cream cheese spoon!
NOTE: This is vegetarian and NOT vegan. That will be noticed as soon as you glance at the ingredients (though there are vegan options).
Sadly, I don't have any images for this recipe as I am not currently making them. Any images found herein are generic from the web. The image to the right is an image of the type of sweet peppers used. I honestly have no idea what they're actually called. Sorry. I just grab em and go.
Prep Time: 20 - 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 - 60 minutes
- 2 doz. Sweet Peppers
- Olive Oil
- 1 8 oz tub soft Cream Cheese
- 2 TBSP Pesto (more if you like pesto like I do)
- Rinse Peppers
- Place 1 - 2 TBSP Olive Oil into frying pan
- Heat oil to approximately 375ÂºF
- Cut the stem end off the pepper allowing for the pepper to be cleaned inside. I usually cheat and cut just below the seed pod.
- Clean out the seeds (either rinse them out thoroughly or scrape them out carefully)
- Toss prepared peppers into the now heated olive oil
- While peppers are cooking, place cream cheese into microwave for 20 seconds to soften it.
- Mix into bowl the cream cheese and pesto
- Check the peppers. Once they're browned on the bottom, flip them over.
- Continue mixing the cream cheese mixture until creamy and homogeneous. You cannot overmix.
- Check the peppers. Once brown on both sides, remove from heat and stuff them with the cream cheese mixture. They will be hot to handle so be careful
- Serve hot and enjoy.