- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Under 30-Minute Recipes
Cream Of Spinach Soup
Quick and Easy Cream of Spinach Soup Recipe
Spinach is usually served only steamed and most people don't like it that much. Most kids hate it.
Cream of spinach soup however, is true comfort food, smooth and creamy and guess what - kids love it.
With this recipe you can easily make such tasty soup yourself in less than 20 minutes.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: Serves two people a regular soup bowl of this soup
- 14 oz (400 g) frozen spinach
- 2 oz (50 g) butter
- cooking cream
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Unfreeze spinach. I usually take it out of the deep freezer the night before, but the microwave would do just fine.
- Put the butter into a sauce pan (or any other suitable pan you like to use, but preferably the one with non stick inner surface) and melt it on low to medium heat. Be careful not to burn it. This takes just a few seconds, so stay next to the pan just in case.
- Add spinach and pour some milk over it immediately to avoid frying it together with the butter. Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the cooking cream and salt it to your taste. Stir it well, but slowly and let it cook for a couple of minutes partially covered with lid.
- Take the soup off of the heat.
- Press some garlic (best with the garlic press), add it to the soup and mix it all well with immersion hand blender. If you don't have that kind of blender, you can use a food processor or a standing blender. That would take a bit more time, but as long as you get that perfect creamy texture of the soup it's great.
- Serve hot, decorated with few drops of cooking cream if you like.
Rate This Recipe Please, Thank Your
Add some more milk or cooking cream during blending, depending on how thick you like your soup to be.
Make that cream of spinach soup creamy in no time
Protective guard for preventing splattering, lightweight design, dishwasher safe and stainless steel blending shaft. It doesn't get better than that.
I used to make my spinach soup without a hand blender at first but it was just never creamy enough and not nearly as smooth as if made with a hand blender. It just wouldn't be a creamy soup without it.
Cream of spinach soup short poll
Would you try this recipe?
Why frozen spinach
Modern methods of deep freezing these days help preserve both nutrients and flavor while helping us save time.
With frozen spinach this recipe is not only healthy but quick and easy.
This one would make a very good choice
This is completely organic spinach, suitable for vegetarians and vegans and it is free of gluten.