- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup
Please Rate this recipe!
Not your mom's tomato soup
When I was a kid, few things got me as excited as when my mom would make us tomato soup with grilled cheese. I would slurp down that hot-like-lava goodness, burnt tongue be damned! And that ooey-gooey grilled cheese was only better dipped in the soup.
As an adult, I still love this comfort food classic as much as ever. Here's my spin on it, which just makes it a little more amazing, but no more difficult than opening a can and adding water!
- 2 cans Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 32 oz 33% Less Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1.5 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients in a 5 quart soup pot, except cheese. Bring to low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Serve with a nice, crusty, toasted baguette. TIP: Flavors marry more overnight. Make a day ahead and reheat for best results. (Omit cheese the day before and repeat these instructions before serving.)
|Serving size: 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Carbohydrates 19 g||6%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Cholesterol 33 mg||11%|
|Sodium 1020 mg||43%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Recipe by Matthew Ryczko
Thank you for reading!
If you like this recipe, please click here to share it.
I love hearing your feedback, or suggestions for what I should cover next, so PLEASE leave me a comment below.
If you have questions, comment below. I do read and respond! It's always an open discussion in my articles :)
Be sure to follow me on Hubpages for new articles!
You can follow me on Facebook at:
And on Twitter @yourcoachmatt
For more information about personal coaching, book your free consultation from the 'Book Now' tab at fb.com/yourcoachmatt