- Food and Cooking»
Creme de Menthe Recipes
Great Ways To Enjoy A Minty Cordial
Previously, I have provided the recipe for making homemade creme de menthe . Whether you followed my recipe and made your own, or if you purchased some, creme de menthe is a very versatile cordial.
I am going to suggest some easy desserts and beverage recipes. The minty freshness makes all the desserts taste wildly refreshing. The ice cream desserts are both chilling and warming and of course the hot cocoa will warm your tummy in winter.
The green color of the desserts makes these festive treats for the Christmas holidays or St. Patrick's Day.
Creme de Menthe Over Ice Cream
Nothing fancy here, just use the cordial as your ice cream topping.
I like this recipe with vanilla ice cream, but if you like the flavor of chocolate mint, by all means use chocolate.
As the ice cream melts a little once the liqueur is poured over it, you many want to serve the ice cream to your guests with a shot of creme de menthe on the side. Let them pour it over themselves. I have noticed several restaurants doing this with their ice cream desserts. Somehow it makes the dessert seem even more elegant.
- Ice cream flavor of your choice
- Creme de menthe
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Sprig of mint garnish (optional)
- Put a scoop of your favorite ice cream in a dish and pour an ounce or so of creme de menthe over the top.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a sprig of mint
- Image: Ice CreamÂ© 2012 LiteraryMind. All rights reserved
Hot Cocoa with Creme de Menthe
Want a really warming drink on a cold day?
Image: Cup of Hot Cocoa.
Prepare hot cocoa your usual way leaving room for a shot (1 ounce) of creme de menthe. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Creme de Menthe Parfait - Looks fancy, but oh so easy
My hint for this is to chill the glasses ahead of preparation.
You need to work quickly and make these as you serve them, or as you make each one, put it in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Creme de Menthe
- Whipped Cream or Whipped Topping
- Use tall glasses or serving dishes.
- Pour a tablespoon or so of creme de menthe in the bottom of the glass. Put a couple of tablespoons of vanilla ice cream in the glass and then pour more creme de menthe on top. Keep doing this until you get close to the top. Top with whipped cream.
- Image: Parfait
Want a refreshing drink?
Some people drink this to settle their stomach after a heavy meal.
Fill an 8 ounce glass with ice. Pour 1 ounce of creme de menthe in the glass. Fill with sparkling water.
© 2012 Ellen Gregory