Crock Pot Bread Pudding
Bread Pudding Crock Pot Recipe
A crock pot bread pudding is the best option when you are cooking for a family or you just want to make multiple meals ahead of time. It is easy to make a large batch in a crock pot (slow cooker). While I love my Mom's recipe that you cook on the stove top and in the oven, it is intended more for a single serving.
One of my favorite aspects of a slow cooker bread pudding recipe is that you don't need to scald the milk. Standing in one spot and just stirring kind of drives me nuts. With a bigger serving it would just take even longer. So when I want to get my breakfast meals prepared ahead of time, for the mornings that I have to go to work, I prefer to use my crock pot.
When it is done cooking I can leave some serving dishes in the fridge and freeze some more for later. It is also perfect for a nice family breakfast. It is something you can do even on a busy morning. Since you can start it the night before and let it cook overnight (if your crock pot has a timer).
If you want to make it into a dessert you can serve it with ice cream or top it with some caramel sauce.
Total Time: 3 to 3.5 hours
- 8 Cups of Cubed Bread
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Crack open the 4 eggs into a large mixing bowl and stir them to mix the yoke.
- Add the milk to the bowl
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter in a microwave (or stove top) and then add it to the mixing bowl
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the bowl
- Stir the ingredients to mix them together.
- Grease the crock pot
- Place the cubed bread in the crock pot
- Pour the liquid mixture from the mixing bowl over top of the bread
- Stir it gentle to help coat all of the bread.
- Set the crock pot to low and cook for 3 to 3.5 hours.