Crockpot Chicken And Dumplings For Two
How Much Food We Going To Make?
So, you only need to cook enough for one or two. Before you start your cooking, you need to decide whether you want just enough for this meal or enough for you to freeze for another meal. Personally, if I have the space in my freezer, I would make enough to freeze.
Photo credit: Koko's Corner Blog, Creative Commons License
We Decided How Much
Now What Are We Going To Make?
Ok, we have decided to make enough food to freeze enough for another meal. To do this, I would use the 2 quart crockpot. If we had decided to just make enough for one meal, I would have used the 1 quart crockpot.
What are we going to make? I know, we will make a convenient one pot meal that is also considered a comfort food. We will make Chicken and Dumplings.
Photo credit: Alisha Vargas, Creative Commons License
Need To Get Yourself A Crockpot? - Check out these
Shopping List For Chicken and Dumplings - Plus Your Crockpot
You will need to purchase the following ingredients:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or legs and thighs
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz) pkg refrigerated biscuit dough
Photo credit: SouthernPlate Blog, Creative Commons License
This is a recipe that I have tried and loved. It leaves the house smelling so wonderful that the dogs were begging me to have some.
Photo credit: utubevideos.org, Public Domain
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 6-8 hours
- 2 skinless
- boneless chicken breasts or legs and thighs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 onion
- 1 (10 oz) pkg refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1. Rinse the chicken and place in the bottom of the crockpot.
- 2. Add the next 3 ingredients and fill with water to cover to make the wonderful broth. The crockpot will make more broth with the condensation.
- 3. Cover the crockpot and turn to low and cook for between 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- 4. Take out chicken and remove bones if you used chicken with bones.
- 4. About 30 minutes before you plan to serve your meal, place 8 biscuits on top of your chicken and broth and replace crockpot lid. Set temperature to high for the next 30 minutes.
- 5. Make your plates with 2 cups chicken and 2 dumplings each. Have a wonderful meal.
Chicken And Dumplings
This meal is a wonderful meal to serve your family on cold evenings during the winter. It is also good anytime you feel in the mood for it as the crockpot will not get your house hot. You can have it waiting for you when you get home from work to help sooth your troubles away.
What makes this meal so wonderful is that you don't have to add anything to this meal to enhance it unless you want to add some wine and candles for that special someone.
Photo credit: Jeffery W., Creative Commons License
Place Last Two Servings
in plastic containers, label, date, and put in freezer for another day. All you have to do next time is thaw and heat in the microwave for another wonderful meal.
I love getting comments from my readers either good or bad. It shows me that someone is stopping by and reading my articles. If it is bad, then I will correct the fault.