- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick and Easy Crostini Recipe
Simple yet delicious snack
With crostini recipe you get a quick snack or a great food for kids parties. That combination of crunchy toast (or ciabatta) and melted cheese is just divine, but you can play by adding other things like oregano, tomatoes, tuna, eggs, basil depending on what you or your guests like.
Done in no time and loved by everybody it's every cook's dream come true.
No more no less.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: Serves four people three slices of crostini.
- 12 slices of toast (or ciabatta or french bread)
- 1/2 pound (230g) of cheese (I use Gauda)
- 1/2 pound (230g) of nice swiss ham (or any other you like)
- 2 tablespoons of soar cream
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- a pinch of oregano to sprinkle over
Great help for any crostini recipe
Cookie sheets are just great for making crostini. Non-stick option is not a must if you're using a parchment paper, but it can't hurt, right?
Using parchment paper for any crostini recipe is the best way to avoid having to clean all those burned stains from the oven pan. I use it all the time and I warmly recommend it.
- Preheat the oven on 400 degrees (200 in Celsius).
- Slice the ham as thin as you can and cut the slices into small pieces. The smaller you cut the ham the better you'll stir the topping mixture.
- Put the ham into a deep bowl you'll use for making the topping.
- Grate the cheese (it's faster than knife) or if you already have it sliced then do the same as with the ham and add it to the bowl.
- Add soar cream and mayonnaise and stir it all well. The ingredients should combine into a thick, but creamy mixture that will stick to the bread slice nicely.
- Cover your oven pan (sheet cookie pan is the best) with some parchment (baking) paper.
- Put the topping on each bread slice and lay it down in the pan. My baking sheet is large enough for 12 slices of toast, but you can adapt your ingredients and pan size to the occasion you're making the crostini for.
- Sprinkle some (or all) slices with some oregano and put the pan into the oven.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like crostini to be. The color of cheese shouldn't be brown though :)
- Serve hot.
How would you rate this crostini recipe
Quick crostini recipe poll for you
Have you tried any crostini recipe?
Just out of the oven
Look at these nice hot slices of crostini! Can you smell that melted cheese and crunchy toast already?
I bet you're thinking of making these today :)