BEST Crumpet Recipe
Easy Crumpet Recipe
Would you like an easy Crumpet Recipe? Perhaps even the BEST Crumpet Recipe?
A crumpet is a bread-like snack that is often toasted and then served buttered. It is similar to an American, "Biscuit".
Crumpets make very tasty snacks or breakfast foods. I love crumpets and I especially enjoy homemade crumpets as they are even tastier. Toast tastes pretty good, but it is nothing close to the tastiness of a good but buttered crumpet!
Hot buttered crumpets soak up the butter even better than toast and they ooze butter as you bite into them sending your taste buds into overdrive (my mouth is watering as I write this). Crumpets taste amazing, are really easy to make and take very little time to serve so this makes them excellent for breakfast if you are in a rush.
If you have never had a hot buttered crumpet then you are missing out as they are amazing.
The following crumpet recipe is easy to follow and doesn't use very many ingredients so you may already have everything that you need to make these tasty treats. I hope you enjoy the crumpet recipe and try out some great British Crumpets, if you have never tried them before.
Photo From Theodore Scott
Your crumpet should be toasted on both sides before serving and then buttered whilst it is hot so that the butter melts into it.
- 15 g Yeast
- 500 ml Milk
- 450 g Flour
- Pinch of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1) First things first grab a mixing bowl and tip your yeast into it. Then mix the yeast with a small amount of warm water until you get thick liquid mixture (do not use too much water though)
- 2) Add the flour to the bowl and mix the flour and liquid together with your hands so that the mix goes a little dough-like
- 3) Cover the bowl and let it rest in a warm place (out of direct sunlight) for 1 hour
- 4) We then need to dissolve the bicarbonate of soda and the salt. Put these into a bowl and slowly add small amounts of water until the two have dissolved
- 5) Pour the bicarbonate-salt mix into the dough-like mixture and beat it until you get a smooth very thick batter
- 6) Cover again an place in warm place to allow the mixture to rest for another 1 hour
- 7) Heat up a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot enough place either crumpet rings or metal cookie cutters around the pan (these will stop the batter from spreading out across the pan and allow you to make lovely thick crumpets)
- 8) Once hot enough pour the batter into each of the crumpet rings to your desired thickness (don't make them too thick or they will not cook evenly). Cook gently until the top of the crumpet sets
- 9) Carefully remove the crumpet rings from the pan and allow the crumpets to cool
- 10) All you have to do then is toast them and serve them with lashings of butter
Toasters for your crumpets - Hot Crumpets
Here is a great selection of toasters that you can use to toast your homemade crumpets once they have been made.