Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
I love a fresh, cold salad with crunch.
I have been making cucumber salad for at least two decades using the same recipe here, minus the red onion. One day I had some leftover red onion from another recipe and decided to throw it into the cucumber salad. I have never looked back! While I love the cucumber salad as is, the red onion adds more zing and so much color to the plate.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp quality mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar or stevia
- 1 tbls. fresh dill or 1/4 tsp. dried
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar and dill.
- Add cucumbers and red onion, marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and serve.
Nice large salad kit for taking on the go. This layered system keeps everything fresh and crisp.
Keep fruits and vegetables fresh in your refrigerator longer.