Curried Chicken Rice Soup
Left Over Make over
The soup was the result of left over curried chicken. Not wanting it to go to waste, I combined the curried chicken, cooked rice, sweet peas, and chopped green onion into a large saucepan and added some chicken broth. Some more curry powder, a little cumin and more fresh, chopped green onion....BAM! You can add more chicken or more veggies. If you have a can of lentils or garbanzos (chickpeas), feel free to add that, too.
Make It Vegetarian!
If you have left over vegetarian curry (lentil, chickpea, potato, etc.) then just make the soup with your favorite vegetable stock or water, add some more veggies and some more seasoning. Adding coconut milk will give you a rich, creamy soup without the dairy.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: 2
- Combine all ingredients into a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Then, lower heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- If soup becomes too thick then add an extra cup of broth or water.
- Garnish with green onion, if desired, and serve.
- 2 cups left over curry (chicken, vegetable, etc.)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked white, long grain rice
- 1 cup vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tsp curry powder
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Chopped green onion for garnish (optional)