Simple And Fast Supper Dish
Yummy Cheese and Onion Pasties
Appetizing, quick and easy - what more could you want from a simple supper dish?
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 large potato, weighing about 280 g (10 oz), finely diced
- Salt and black pepper
- One 375 g (13 oz) packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 medium red onions, finely diced
- 175g (6 oz) Cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Milk to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Bring the potato to the boil in a pan of salted water, then simmer for 1 minute. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut out four 15 cm (6 in) circles from the pastry. Mix the potato with the remaining ingredients, then divide the filling among the four pastry circles.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry with water, then gather the pastry together over the tilling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Brush with milk.
- Arrange the pasties on a baking sheet then bake in the hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Serve warm or cold.