Recipes Of Two Vegetarian Curries
Pictures of the 2 CURRIES
2 Curries you can make at home with Drumstick and Pointed Guard
First let me tell you the step by step process to make the DRUMSTICK CURRY and later the PARVAL or Pointed Guard CURRY.
Drumstick Curry :
It's a traditional dish which needs a bit of patience to prepare but tastes very good and once you are used to the process of preparing it, it will be easy for you to make it in a quicker way.
You'll yourself be able to prepare it quickly.But for the first couple of times, you need to follow the steps carefully,its a bit tedious job to remember the ingredients and steps.
Ingredients as shown in Step 1 and Step 2
- 1 Coconut (small is enough to serve 2 to 4 people), grated
- 1 Small cup of raw rice, Take white rice grains and soak in water for 10 minutes
- 1 Table spoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- 2 Glasses of Water, Each to add while grinding and boiling drumsticks
- 3 tender Drumsticks
- 1 Tea spoon each of Cooking oil,black gram,common salt,turmeric
- 1 Cup of Boiled milk
Ingredients to prepare the curry
Tips for preparing the curry
- Take tender drumsticks which are easy to chew.
- Take care to grind the paste finely or else it will be difficult to chew
- Don't stir for too long after adding milk.
Procedure for making the curry
- Take a cup of raw rice and soak it for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile,Slightly peel off the skin of the drumsticks and cut them into small equal parts.
- Take a wide pan and boil the drumsticks in water with little salt , on low flame till they become soft.
- While the drumsticks are being cooked or boiled in water,you can start grating the coconut, to save time.
- Switch off the stove once the drumsticks are well cooked or boiled and transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl along with water left in the pan.
(Don't filter the water.)
- Now, by this time the cup of rice you have left to soak may be ready for grinding.Take the cup of soaked rice and remove the water.
- Grind it along with coconut scrap, cumin seeds ,green chillies and salt.Grind it to make it a fine paste by adding required water.Make it a fine paste lest you won't be able to chew or swallow if the rice grains still remain hard and not crushed well or the cumin seeds are not well ground. See to it that it makes a smooth paste.Put it aside.
- Now take the wide pan again and heat little vegetable oil in it in low flame.Now add black gram,red chilli, to the heated oil.
- Once black gram turns golden brown, add the cooked drumstick pieces along with water,which you placed in the bowl earlier.Then add the smooth paste to it.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and mix all the contents of the pan carefully,lest the drumsticks will get crushed if you try to saute or mix them roughly.So,take care not to be too hard while mixing.
- Now, add a cup of boiled milk.Keep stirring while adding milk.But stir slightly.
- Stir for 2 seconds or till the curry starts bubbling.
- Switch off the stove.(Remember, to cook the curry in low flame).
- You may either put a lid to the pan and serve the curry as and when required or even transfer the contents of the pan into a wide bowl.
The delicious drumstick curry is ready. You can have it with hot cooked white rice. It will be very tasty and is nutritious too.
Here, I have provided the required pictures of the ingredients,the cooking process,and final dish in a bowl.Hope these pictures are helpful for you for a better understanding of the process.
Recipe Of Another Curry
I have a simple and easy to cook recipe of another curry, which I'll be sharing.This doesn't take much time for you to remember the process as the curry I have discussed above.
Its a very simple process and doesn't take much time to make the curry.So, follow this recipe and you'll enjoy making the curry.
These are also called Pointed gourd and by other names like Parval or Potals as local name, in India.Its a famous vegetable used in most curries.
Only thing is that its not easily available in markets, not often and is usually a bit costly.But, if you don't mind about the price,the curry made out of this vegetable will make a very good side dish with white Rice and also becomes a delicious and easy to prepare curry with Roti,Chapathi,Pulka and so on.
And, this one has become my favourite, as its very easy to cook and is good for health also. So, lets start with the method of preparation of this curry without wasting much time.
Ingredients with final output
The above picture clearly shows the ingredients
- 250 grams Pointed guard
- 2 Onions (medium sized)
- 1 Tomato (medium sized)
- 2 Potatoes (medium sized)
- Salt, Chilli Powder (1/2 Table Spoon each )
- Turmeric (A pinch of turmeric is enough )
- Vegetable Oil (1 Table Spoon)
- Water (2 small glasses of water required for cooking the curry)
Preparation and Cooking Time
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: Serves 2 people.(Here, I have taken the ingredients accordingly)
Method Of Preparation
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions,and fry till they turn into light brown in colour.
- Now Add pieces of pointed guard , potatoes and tomatoes. Saute them well.
- Now add turmeric and salt and mix them well by adding water .You can see that the vegetables start boiling.Now put a lid on the pan and leave it to cook in low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Later, remove the lid and see if all the vegetables have become soft which means they are well cooked and see to it that no more water remains in the pan. If not,Allow it to cook till no more water is left in the pan.
- Lastly add chilli powder and mix it well.Turn off the stove and Serve the Yummy Hot curry.
Tips For Making the Curry
I have discussed here the method of preparing the curry, which serves only 2 . You may increase the amount of ingredients depending on the number of people to be served.
You need to take fresh pointed guard and wash them thoroughly.
Peel off Potatoes and Onions.
Cut all the vegetables in to small pieces.
Put the pieces of pointed guard in water while cutting.Don't leave them to dry.
Add the vegetables one after the other while cooking.
A Small Note....
Here, I have taken the pictures which are limited but I hope these will guide you to have a better view of the ingredients. I have tried my level best to get the pictures for every step during the preparation,hope you'll follow and enjoy.