- Food and Cooking
Delicious Holiday Pumpkin Bread
Try the Most Delicious Holiday Pumpkin Bread Ever!
With Halloween comes pumpkins, and with pumpkins comes.... Pumpkin Bread!
I don't know why I usually just have Pumpkin Bread in the fall during holiday time when it's delicious all-year 'round!
While I'll eat just about any Pumpkin Bread you put in front of me, I have a favorite recipe that I call 'Delicious Holiday Pumpkin Bread.' As its name implies, it is absolutely delicious - and really easy to make!
Go on now - give it a try!
(Photo Source: Madame Furie)
- Canned unsweetened pumpkin - 16 ounces
- Flour - 3 1/2 cups
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Eggs - 4 lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil - 1 cup
- Baking soda - 2 tsp
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Allspice - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 2/3 cup
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and preheat
- Take 2 9" x 5" loaf pans - OR - 8 "mini" loaf pans, and lightly butter and flour .
- Mix oil and sugar, then stir in pumpkins and eggs
- Blend all dry ingredients together well in a separate bowl
- Blend water and dry ingredients into the pumpkin/sugar/eggs/oil mixture
- Divide batter between your pans, and bake loaves for 30 - 40 minutes. Loaves are ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaves to stand for about 10 minutes until completely cool, then remove from pans
- Note: If you're giving these delicious loaves as gifts, bake them in holiday decorated aluminum loaf pans, then after loaves are completely cool all you have to do is wrap them up and give!