Delicious Oatmeal Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
Are you looking for a yummy snack? Do you crave something sweet? Well, cookies aren't just for dessert anymore! Any time is the perfect time to enjoy gingersnap cookies! And there's no better variation on the gingersnap cookie than oatmeal gingersnaps! These cookies are our family's favorite. I first found this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen cookbook from 1975. I have been making these cookies for the past 30 years. They are always a hit. Make a double batch. You won't be sorry. These are great as Christmas cookies, too and always look pretty on a tray. I have made these cookies for a cookie contest and they won first place!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- sugar for topping
- Stir together first 7 ingredients.
- Blend in shortening, molasses, and egg.
- Beat well with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in sugar; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let stand 1 minute; cook on rack.
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
I always use a cookie scoop when I make cookies. That way I get uniform cookies. I also use my scoop to fill mini muffin tins.