Delicious Spaghetti Recipe with Tuna Sauce, Juicy Tomatoes and Cheese
This right here is one of my favourite food treats to myself! Sometimes, I hear myself moaning with pleasure when I indulge in this delicious spaghetti treat.
As a pesca-ovo vegetarian, this dish is a delightful fusion of spaghetti, diced tomatoes, flaked tuna and lots of cheese to top it all off! Plus I add a few other seasonings to have you begging for more.
It is a very simple dish that you can use for lunch or dinner (supper) since it is quite filling. Enjoy it as much as I do.
Image credit: All photos are compliments Heidi Vincent
- 1 8 -ounce Pack of Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon Salt (for Spaghetti)
- 2 170 g Tin (Can) Flaked Light Tuna in Water (Golden Seal)
- 1 large Tomato (diced)
- 1 Medium Onion (sliced thinly or diced fine)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (grated really fine)
- (1/2) teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- (3/4) cup Water
- (1/2) cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 sprigs of Chive (finely chopped)
When you buy an OXO product, it's a lifetime purchase. Get this dishwashe safe, stainless steel colander to drain your spaghetti after cooking it.
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions on the package (That’s normally no more than 5-7 minutes since spaghetti cooks really fast).
- While the spaghetti is cooking: - Dice the tomato - Slice the onion very thinly (or dice it very fine) - Grate the garlic - Chop the Chive - Open the cans (tins) of Flaked Tuna
- Place all of the above ingredients in a saucepan.
- Add the Tomato Ketchup & Cayenne Pepper
- Add water to the mix of ingredients and stir together.
- Bring to a boil and let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes to thicken and release all of the flavours.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Drain the spaghetti
- Dish out the spaghetti in eating plates/dishes
- Pour the chunky tomato tuna sauce over the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle the chive over the sauce and spaghetti
- Top it all off with as much cheese as you want.
Calling ALL Pasta Lovers!
The perfect utensil to hold and serve your spaghetti.No more fighting with the spaghetti. Ladle out perfect portions.
Cheese...lots of cheese!
Keep your unused spaghetti fresh in this versatile container that can also be used to store other dry foods.
Delicious Spaghetti Recipe with Tuna Sauce
|Serving size: 1 Cup (140 g)|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 43 g||14%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 30 g||60%|
|Cholesterol 26 mg||9%|
|Sodium 225 mg||9%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Visit the Catholic Contributor for more delicious recipes…
- THE CATHOLIC CONTRIBUTOR - Everyday Solutions & Answers for Catholics & Christians - Gifts,
great product reviews for everyone, inspirational Catholic & Christian articles and winning gift ideas.
© 2014 Heidi Vincent