- Food and Cooking
Diabetic Dessert Recipes ... Gone Wild!
Walk On The Wild Side With These Diabetic Dessert Recipes
Who says you can no longer enjoy mouth-watering desserts if you're a diabetic. Here is a collection of top dessert recipes you can make for yourself (pssst. . . and for the non-diabetics in your family, too!)
So, forget those hum-drum diabetic dessert recipes that taste like cardboard and take a walk on the wild side!
Diabetic desserts don't have to be hum-drum
Ten Yummy Dessert Choices For Diabetics - Sweet Treats You Can Still Eat
Just because you are diabetic doesn't mean that you can't have a sweet treat now and then. If you choose to make room for a sweet snack or dessert, simply decrease the amount of carbohydrates you take in the rest of the day. Here are ten choices for tasty desserts . . . and most of them taste better if you make them yourself.
- Baked Apples: Apples supply a lot of fiber. Bake them with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar. Yum!
- Brownies: Use lower fat ingredients in your recipe and eat just one.
- Cake: Since everyone has a birthday, it should be a day that you are able to eat cake. Choose a recipe that limits the amount of flour to keep your blood sugar manageable. Go for the chocolate cake if you want.
- Cookies: You don't have to buy them from the store when you can make your own. Invest in a good diabetic cookbook for biscotti to accompany your coffee, an oatmeal cookie or a chocolate cookie if you prefer.
- Fruit Cobbler: Use fresh fruit in its own juice. With a cobbler, use only a bottom crust to limit your sugar intake.
- Gelatin: There are several types of sugar free gelatin on the market that really don't taste sugar-free. Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of your favorite flavor for a sweet treat.
- Ice Cream: Sugar-free ice cream or fat free frozen yogurt can be enjoyed. Stick to the serving size and savor it.
- Popsicles: There are sugar free popsicles in the flavors you loved as a child and also fudge pops if chocolate is what you are craving.
- Pudding: You can make your own with skim milk. Use the sugar free variety. Enjoy a dozen flavors whenever you want.
- Snow Cones: Great on a hot day, you can make your own shaved ice and top with a little vanilla, your favorite Crystal light drink, to add some sweetness.
Diabetic Dream Desserts - Diabetic Dessert Recipes For All Kinds of Sweet Treats
Bestselling author Sandra Woodruff has completely revised and updated her popular Diabetic Dream Desserts, including new and improved recipes for cakes, cookies, brownies, pies, strudels, frozen desserts, and other sweet treats that taste better than ever.
Customer Comment: "Even if you are not diabetic, this is a great book to have if you want to eat healthy but still satisfy your sweet tooth."
Diabetic Dessert Recipe Links - Tons and Tons of Online Recipes to Choose From
- Diabetic Gourmet Magazine
Magazine providing information about diabetes, including gourmet diabetic recipes, diabetes news, articles, resources and tools for diabetics. Low-carb and sugar-free recipes, health and cooking articles, diet tools and free diabetes newsletters. Top
- Diabetes Recipes | Desserts | Diabetic Connect
Healthy meals and recipes for people with diabetes or those who care for diabetics.
- Diabetic Dessert Recipes with Videos | ifood.tv
Enjoy our collection of diabetic dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for diabetic dessert recipes.
- Dessert Recipes | Diabetic Living Online
Our diabetic dessert recipes are delicious! DIABETIC LIVING's mouthwatering desserts prove you can still enjoy sweet treats if you have diabetes.
- Diabetic Desserts | D-Life
Recipes for diabetic desserts that are delicious, easy and healthy. Let yourself be tempted by over 1,000 diabetic desserts. You won't believe these scrumptious desserts are guilt-free!
- Diabetic Cake Recipes | Tips and Secrets
Discover Mouth-Watering Diabetic Cake Recipes, Diabetic Cupcake Recipes, Diabetic Chocolate Cake Recipes, Diabetic Birthday Cake Recipes & more sugar free cake recipes ...