How to Make a Sandwichosaurus and Other Fun Dinosaur Foods for Kids
Food Fun with Dinosaurs!
Want to know how to make a Sandwichosaurus, or a Diplodocake? Making dinosaur food for kids is fun and easy - there are lots of cool tools available and this lens highlights the best!
I know lots of little boys (and girls) who love dinosaurs, and creating dinosaur snacks is a great way to get kids eating healthy food or enjoying their meals even more.
You can make dinosaur cookies, dinosaur cakes, dinosaur sandwiches, dinosaur cupcakes... the possibilities are endless!
Whether you want to bake some treats for a party, liven up a lunchbox or simply surprise your kids with fun food, take a look at some of these ideas and go prehistoric with your cooking!
How to Make a Sandwichosaurus - Making Dinosaur Sandwiches
This Dino Cutter is awesome - use it to cut sandwiches and toast into dinosaur shapes! It can of course be used as a cookie cutter too.
Here are some top ideas for Sandwichosauruses:
* Cut out dinosaur-shaped bread slices and make sandwiches filled with lots of green leafy salad to represent the dinosaur surroundings (and food for many of the vegetarian dinos!)
Add ham, cheese, pickle, peanut butter, cream cheese and any other multitude of yummy fillings!
* Toast the dinosaur-shaped slices, then use the cutter to cut out dinosaur-shaped cheese. Add this to the almost-toasted bread and melt under a grill. Either serve as dinosaur cheese on toast or sandwich two together for a yummy toastie! Put a slice of ham in the middle for extra yumminess.
* Get creative! Add raisins for eyes, put in seeds for spines, or decorate with sticky fillings to create open sandwiches!
* Experiment with different breads for different textures and thickness of dinosaur!
Buy the Dino Cutter!
Cut perfect dino shaped sandwiches every time! Cuts two exact dinosaur shapes at a time to allow you to get creative with your sandwichosaurus.
Baking Puzzleosaurus - Making Dinosaur Cookies
Little ones will love helping in the kitchen when they get to make this cool dinosaur! The 2-part set contains a large puzzle piece cookie cutter, which creates nine shapes that make up a large dinosaur. There is also a smaller biscuit cutter that allows you to bake a brood of baby dinos, and it conveniently stores away neatly inside the large cutter.
You can decorate with all kinds of toppings, from Chocolate Buttons or raisins for eyes, to chocolate chips for spines, and sweets and candy for markings. You could pipe icing onto the cookies to create a really cool dino, or take inspiration from a cookie recipe book.
Buy the Dinosaur Puzzle Cookie Cutter!
Dinosaur Cookie Cutter Set
More Dino Cookie Ideas
Make cool dinosaur fossil cookies - great for budding archaeologists!
An array of dinosaur shapes to make a plateful of tasty yet terrifying cookies - perfect for dinosaur parties and get togethers!
Yummy dinosaurs in thrilling 3D!
A Chocolasaurus Parade - Making Dinosaur Chocolates
Mmmm, fancy one of these? Homemade chocolates are pure delights and I guarantee you'll be trying to steal these from the kids!
This flexible silicone mould makes 12 chocolates in 4 different designs - Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Diplodocus and Tyrannosaurus Rex. Use a mixture of dark, white and milk chocolates to create a range of colours, or go fancy with some soft centre fillings!
Buy the Dinosaur Chocolate Mould!
Silikomart Silicone Easy Choc Dinosaur Chocolate Mould
Diplodocake and Friends - Baking Dinosaur Cakes
There are so many great cake pans out there, it is easy peasy to make a fantastic dinosaur cake!
This mini cakes or muffin pan takes a 2-egg sponge mix and bakes eight really cool mini dinosaur cakes. Or if you want one big whole cake, there are lots to choose from!
Make a fabulous birthday cake or just a really great treat cake for fun!
BUY THE 8 CAKE MUFFIN PAN! (Now in Lime Green Silicone)
Premier Housewares 8 Dinosaur Cake Mould Tray
Creating a Cupcakeidus - Making Dinosaur Cupcakes
This superb gingerbread cupcake is from the book Martha Stewart's Cupcakes (you can read my review of this book here).
You can get creative with dinosaur cupcake toppers, rice papers, cake cases and even sprinkles!
60 Dinosaur Design Fairy Cake Cases
Dan The Dinosaur Cupcake Wrappers 12 pk
Dinosaur Sprinkles (2oz/57g)
More Cool Dinosaur Cupcake Ideas
Delicious Dinosaur Recipes
Do the Munch-o-saurus!
Did these ideas get you thinking about cooking up some dinosaur dinners for your kids? Want MORE?
Here are some terrific dinosaur recipe ideas to give you even more inspiration!
This is a fun dish to make with your children.
You will need:
800g potatoes, peeled and halved
4 tbsp grated Cheddar cheese
12 asparagus spears
6 tbsp peas (frozen or fresh)
1. Bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until soft
2. Five minutes before the potatoes are due to finish simmering, cook the peas and asparagus. The asparagus can be cooked in a vegetable steamer or a sieve over the pan of peas.
3. Take everything off the heat. Drain the potatoes and return to the pan.
4. Mash the potatoes along with the cheese, adding a little milk if necessary. Spoon the potato onto a plate and shape into a dinosaur.
5. Chop the asparagus into tips and stalks.
6. Place the tips along the dinosaur's back to look like spikes.
7. Cut some slices into the stalks and place them around the edge of the plate to look like trees.
8. Spoon the peas under the Dinosaur's feet to represent stones.
Find this and other great free kids recipes in Big Cook Little Cook's Recipes Book on the CBeebies Website:
MORE GREAT RECIPES
Lots of recipe ideas from cookies to soup to dinosaur eggs!
Lots of cookie and egg ideas plus carnivore stew!
Birthday cakes, biscuits and chocolate nests!
Awesome green and yellow dinosaur cake by Betty Crocker!