- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Disneyland Jumbalaya Recipe
Disneyland may be a place of magic, fun, and great memories in the making. But it is also known for its wonderful and authentic food, especially in New Orleans Square. I go to Disneyland at least once a year and if I don't get to enjoy a serving of jumbalaya, (sometimes two) the trip just doesn't feel complete. My favorite place to eat is the Blue Bayou but since it is quite expensive I often get my jumbalaya at the French Market.
One of my favorite things is recreating recipes, and I must say, it was pretty fun cooking up some really yummy New Orleans Square jumbalaya. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do.
Yummy Disneyland Jumbalaya
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Pork, Boneless, diced
- 2 cups Italian sausage, Diced, cooked
- 2 cups Shrimp, Cooked
- 1 cup Ham, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 2 cups Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, Ground
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Yellow onion, Diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups White rice, Uncooked
- 1 Green onion, For garnish
- In very large saucepan heat the olive oil and sauté the pork, ham, and chicken over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add water, rice, bouillon cubes, onions, bell pepper, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- When mixture boils, bring it back to a medium heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your already cooked shrimp and diced sausage. Stir mixture and let simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot. Chop green onion and sprinkle on top for garnish.