Easter Celebration Cupcakes for Snacks and Dessert
I had a little bit of my soaked fruits left over from Christmas, so I decided to use it to make some celebration cupcakes for Easter.
Although, I have made these cupcakes with Easter in mind they can be used for just about any celebration where you need quick snacks or dessert - birthdays, anniversaries, family get-togethers or just for snacking at home, especially if you have children in your household.
These celebration cupcakes are really simple to make and they make a colourful addition to your Easter menu or other celebration menu.You, your family and your guests will enjoy the fruity flavor of each and every bite.
Image credit: All photos are compliments Heidi Vincent
- 2 cups White Flour
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 & 1/2 cups Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (or 75 ml) Soya bean oil (or any cooking oil of your choice)
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 4 heaped tablespoons Mixed fruits soaked in red wine
- 3/4 cup Milk or Water
- FOR THE ICING
- 3 tablespoons Icing Sugar (with egg white added or add your own)
- 1/2 tablespoon Almond Essence
- 3/4 tablespoon Water
- 1 drop Red Food Coloring
- 1 drop Green Food Coloring
More than 175 cupcake ideas for adult and children special celebration occasions as well as traditional holiday celebrations such as Easter and Christmas
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg) in a bowl.
- Pour the soya bean oil into the mix and combine everything together once more.
- Add 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Add 4 heaped tablespoons of mixed fruits soaked in red wine
- Gradually pour in (3/4) cup Milk or Water, beating with a wooden spoon until you obtain a cake batter consistency.
- Pour the batter into your cupcake tin.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove each cupcake from the baking tin and lay out on a cooling rack for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Ice each cupcake as desired.
- TO MAKE THE ICING
- Mix together the Icing Sugar, Almond Essence and Water into a spreadable paste.
- Divide the paste into two (2) separate bowls.
- In one bowl put 1 drop of Red Food Coloring and mix well.
- In the other bowl put 1 drop of Green Food Coloring and mix well.
- Use a table knife or small spatula to randomly apply the green and red icing to each cupcake.
- Savour every bite!
Freshly Baked Easter Celebration Cupcakes!
Take a Bite!
These baking cups are simply THE BEST!!! They are:
1. Reusable; no more wasted money on paper baking cups.
2. Can be used in the Oven by themselves; you don't need a cupcake tin (just place them on a baking sheet.
3. Can be stored in your Freezer if you have frozen treats.
4. Can endure heating up in your microwave; if you need to warm up a dessert or snack.
5. Can be washed in your Dishwasher and have a LIFETIME guarantee!
Here are all the tools you'll need for decorating your cupcakes! There's also an instruction booklet in case you get stuck
© 2014 Heidi Vincent