Easy Ways To Use Bananas in Recipes
Keep Bananas Available and Fresh - I love this idea and they look so cute on the countertop!
Keeps bananas from bruising. Elegant scrolled metal.
Delicious Recipes with Bananas
My family loves bananas and it's one ingredient that I always keep on hand for recipes. These are some of my favorite Banana Recipes that I like to make for the family as well as special occasions and holidays.
As a child my favorite way to eat bananas was on cereal and another with ice cream (sort of a banana split). Even though I still enjoy those, I have come a long way with my cooking skills and now I love to find different ways to use bananas in recipes.
Image: PrintShop Pro Publisher
Banana Strawberry Nut Pudding
This is one of my most requested recipes from family and friends. I love that this recipe can be made ahead and ready for guests. I always hope for leftovers, but that never happens!
Banana Nut Pudding
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 bananas sliced
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 quart strawberries, halved or sliced
Perfect for this banana dessert and also a great bowl for layered salads and fruit salads.
- Toast chopped pecans in a 375F oven for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Prepare pudding mix and milk according to package directions.
- Reserve 2 tbls graham crumbs.
- In a 9 1/2 X 12 baking dish or 2 qt. bowl, layer 1/2 pudding, 1/2 graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 bananas.
- Cover with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans and reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Top with strawberries.
- Can be made 2 hours ahead and refrigerated.
Some items you may need to make Banana Strawberry Nut Pudding
Classic, all-around great mixing bowl which is nice to have on hand for mixing anything! Quality Pyrex will last and last.
Try These Fun Variations For Banana Nut Pudding
- Substitute chocolate pudding for the vanilla pudding
- Use crushed Oreos instead of the graham cracker crumbs
- Use fresh whipped cream instead of whipped topping
- Substitute toasted coconut in place of the pecans
High quality stoneware that is perfect for desserts, casseroles, lasagna and roasted vegetables.
Take A Poll!
What is your favorite way to eat bananas?
Moist and Delicious Chocolate Banana Cake - Bananas add the extra flavor and moistness
This yummy little cake will wow your guests when served with a few banana slices and whipped cream on the side.