Easy Beef Stew Recipe
Beef Stew Made Easy
If you like meat and potatoes your going to like this easy beef stew recipe. I enjoy experimenting while I cook. Sometimes you just don't have certain ingredients in the cabinets and you have to improvise with what you have. But, you have to make sure the spices and seasonings work together to compliment each other. There are many different ways to make beef stew. Today we are going to try it this way because it is easy.
So if you can't cook at all don't worry because today your going to make an easy Sweet and Tangy Beef Stew.
One of the Ingredient's is "Manwich Sauce".
What is the Surprise Ingredient today?
What you will need
Yup, Hunts Manwich Original Sauce
Don't freak out because of the Manwich sauce we are going to use. In my experimentation's I have found that Manwich sauce can be used for other dishes besides Sloppy Joe's! Besides, I didn't have any tomato sauce at the time and didn't feel like going to the store and all I had in my cabinet was the manwich sauce. Don't judge until you have tried it. Believe me you will like it. Let's get on with it there's only a few things you will need, so go to the cubbard and pull these items out. I'm sure there is no need to make a list and run to the store.
- 1 package cubed beef stew meat or a small roast, you can cut up yourself, any kind of beef you want
- 4 large peeled potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks or sticks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil, any kind
- 1 can 15.5 oz Hunts original Manwich sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste, you might just need 1/2 of this
- 1 can water, use the can from tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots mix
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Putting it all together!
* Put oil In a large pot along with onions, celery and beef. Sauté till onions are glossy and meat is browned
* add garlic and flour while stirring
* pour in the water, stir
* add sloppy joe - manwich sauce, stir
* add 1/2 tomato paste
* Cover and let simmer 1-1/2 hour on low heat, coming back every now and then to stir and letting the meat get soft and tender
* add peas and carrots and simmer for 15 more minutes.
Serve with Crackers
Crackers always go good with stews and soups. Keeping this beef stew meal simple, warm and enjoyable.
Crusty Bread is nice too
To Make this beef stew meal a little more on the gourmet side. Then just have a basket of crusty bread with it.
Makes it more European style.
Planning Meals and Finding Recipes - Food Network and Meals Matter
For quick reference I included a couple of good sites you might like. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
© 2015 Ramona