- Food and Cooking
Easy Raspberry Brownie Pizza
For a special dessert (such as Valentines Day, anniversary, or birthday) you want to impress your loved one and put more thought into a romantic evening than cooking. Nothing could be easier than this Brownie Raspberry dessert to impress. It has all three ingredients for success: Chocolate, whipped cream, and easy to make.
It's so easy, you don't even need a recipe, it can be as simple as using a boxed brownie mix, cool whip and fresh raspberries. This can be made ahead of time, even a couple of days before.
- Mix the brownie mix according to directions,
- Roll out in a circle on a pizza pan. Bake according to box
- Cool, cut into pizza triangle slizes. Top with Cool Whip and raspberries
- Serve, enjoy and expect oohs and ahhs
But for those who want to impress or cooking from scratch will only do here is an amazing brownie recipe you will want to print, save and make over and over again.
Presentation is Key
You can make the brownies in a regular square pan if you like, but there is something to the triangle cut shapes that gives the illusion of gourmet food. It speaks that the chef (or cook) took their time, put thought behind the meal, the occasion and wanted it to be extra special.
Homemade Whipping Cream (can also be made in advance)
- In a glass mixing bowl mix 1 part whipping cream to 1 part granulated sugar
- Whip with a wire whisk until peaks form
Hint:refrigerating the empty mixing bowl adds in peaks forming, whipped cream can also be made in an automatic mixer to save your mixing arm
Brownie Pizza-Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 15
Total Time: 50
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3 cups sugar (white granulated)
- 1 TBSP real vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cut chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional, walnuts, peanuts etc)
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease bottom of round pizza pan (if using a metal pan)
- Combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla (real vanilla extract really makes all the difference)
- Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each egg
- Sift or Stir together flour, cocoa powder and salt (a wire whisk works well for blending evenly)
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid butter/sugar portion mixing well as you go along
- Place on pizza pan and either roll or press brownie mixture until a thin circle forms (about 1/2 inch)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until center is fully baked (insert a toothpick or piece of spaghetti until it comes out clean)
- Cool before cutting
I love stoneware baking pans because they bake so evenly and will eventualy become nonstick.
This deep dish pizza pan is perfect for making homemade pizza or this brownie pizza dessert.
I'm sure you could find tort recipes to use this pan for such as cheesecake or just another way to bake and present specialty cakes. Let your imagination take your baking adventures to new heights.
I absolutely love my pastry and pizza roller. Mine originally came from Pampered Chef and just like this one has wooden rollers on both side.
I use it to roll pie crust right in the pie plate and it works great for rolling this brownie recipe out in the shape of a circle.
My friend visited Madagascar on a mission trip and brought back real vanilla beans. She then made real vanilla extract and gave me some as a gift.
The taste and flavor of real vanilla extract cannot be compared to the cheap imitation variety in the grocery store.
Real vanilla extract created by soaking the vanilla beans in either vodka or bourbon has a smooth rich vanilla flavor.