- Food and Cooking
easy chocolate sponge cake recipe
how to make delicious chocolate sponge cake
This is a light and delicious chocolate sponge cake recipe. It tastes super rich without being high in calories or fat. it also makes a great base for any chocolate cake recipe black forest cake for example).
makes 1, 8 inch cake
- stand mixer
- pot with water
- 8 inch cake pan
- 2 1/4 oz butter
- 1/4 fl oz vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 oz egg yolks
- 6 3/4 oz sugar
- 5 3/4 ap flour
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 1) coat cake pan with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350
- 2) mix butter and vanilla
- 3) combine the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in the stand mixer bowl, then place the mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water, and whisk constantly until mixture feels warm to the touch.
- 4)place back on mixer and whip on high until volume reaches it's max. This is when you've whipped enough air bubbles into the mixture that it no longer appears to expand in the bowl. Now turn the mixer to medium and oontinue to whisk for 15 minutes.
- 5) fold in the flour, then take a little of the batter and blend it into the melted butter. This will even out the temperature of the butter. Then fold the butter into the batter.
- 6) pour the batter into the pan and place in the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- 7) cool cakes in their pans completely before removing, and the cake is set to go!